hello everyone,

redtractor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable only at present
My Location
Manchester area
Looking for advice, help, pointing in the right direction etc for a new satellite set up.

I hope I've posted this in the right section so here goes.

I ve read a lot of the post on here so i will give as much info as i think maybe needed.

I want to set up a system that will let me watch 3pm premiership football, movies and childrens tv both in english preferably. I live in the Manchester area. I think i need a motorised dish and lots of other equipment.

Sorry if this post seems very long but to be honest i've no idea what i need to buy.

Can anyone also recommend an installer as I can't wire a plug... :confused

Many thanks and I'm so pleased i wandered across this site.

thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
How much you wanting to spend?

A basic 3pm package costs around 200 quid a year atm, although the picture quality is described as ok through to very poor by the folks who have it.

If you want HD then you are looking at around 1500 quid a year just for the subscription.

Oh and the FAPL have started ordering some of the foreign providers to remove the English soundtracks as well recently during UK games.

redtractor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable only at present
My Location
Manchester area
Analoguesat said:
How much you wanting to spend?

A basic 3pm package costs around 200 quid a year atm, although the picture quality is described as ok through to very poor by the folks who have it.

If you want HD then you are looking at around 1500 quid a year just for the subscription.

Oh and the FAPL have started ordering some of the foreign providers to remove the English soundtracks as well recently during UK games.

Thank you for your reply. I didn't want to spend more than £500 including installation or can it not be done for that amount?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You could just about do it for 500, - the subscription you choose is the main variable factor - other prices are more or less fixed.

This is assuming the installer has a fairly easy job.

Have a think about the sort of package you want (the forum advertisers sell assorted packages at various prices), then put an advert in the "installation wanted" section of the forum.

redtractor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable only at present
My Location
Manchester area
Thanks again for the advice.

I will put an ad in the section you suggested and see what i get back.

D

deleted

redtrackter.

ask admin to enable pms and i can advise you regarding installation