My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi

I’m getting confused by all the guides, images, cams and keys. The more guides I read the more confused I get.

So to stop me throwing the DB out through the window I just want a simple set up to get me started in the dream world.

On the dm7020 could one of the nice people out there, with knowledge of the dm7020, please tell me where to FTP a simple cam and keys and select it with the simplist image to use.

I’m using FTP on the MAC OSX with Cyberduck which installs the files OK into the DB but all I can get is FTA channels.

Thanks

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Sorry whatsthis,
I have never used mac.

I pressume that you can ftp files as in m$xp.

What image do you currently have on your dream 7020?

Have you managed/tried to flash to another image yet?

Both above are relative to using cams!

Tiggy.
:-bunny

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Is you Dreambox connected to the Internet?

If yes, then find and load the latest 'Hydra' image for 7020 (in multi-boot if you can).

It's only a matter of a few button presses to update CAMs etc.

All the information is in the guide at the top of the Dreambox section if you want to add CAMs etc manually.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi
Thanks for your replies

The dreambox is not connected to the internet so I'm having to use FTP to change the files manually. I've followed Tiggys great guide on manually loading changing cams.

Question: In CAMD3 how do you change the access permissions to 755.

I'm using Hydra phoenix for the 7020. but I've tried others.

I've changed the smartcam.config file so that when I press the blue button on a channel I can choose CAMD3.
I have then added the files to root/var/bin, keys, etc & lib from camd_v3. And the ones from all_in_one7020. And also the ones from Full-Keys. Each time reflashed the image before trying the next. And finally ALL of them together !
Then shut down and switched back on.

Am I missing something stupid ?

Thanks for your help - at least now I have until August before the new premiership season starts !

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
whatsthis said:
how do you change the access permissions to 755

In your FTP program select the file you want to change and use the 'get info' command - just change it's permissions number to 755 and the permissions will change - save the file - done.

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Gameboy 7000 or 7020 ?
I don't want to question your expertise Gameboy but are you running a 7000 or a 7020 as the latter is quite different from the former?

I have found that the conflict of interest is most definately a conflict as they are different in every way and the 7020 is far more advanced.

755? I don't understand and I have TPS, SKY UK (with card), etc... ETC. running xp pro and wsftp.

If I can anyone can without 755,233,iou0,etc

Tiggy
:rolleyes:

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Tiggy and Whatsthis

Don't let it get to you. Will take a few days to get it running, afterwards it is as easy as anything.

After you have FTP't cam and key files you are sometimes requested to "Change to 755", or "CHMOD to 755" or "change the rights to 755". Basically it refers to changing the attribute of the files that are in the dreambox. To do so you stay in the FTp program, go to the Dreambox folder where these files are and right click on the file (or some files together) and choose CHMOD, and put in the value.....simple.

And don't you get confused reading all those manuals, there is only one manual to read!!!

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Thanks for you help chaps.

I tried to change the file attributes of the camd3 file but my FTP prog wont let me. Can I do it in a TELNET terminal if so what is the command line ?

I am using cyberduck on my MAC OSX to FTP. SO now I have torn myself away from the mac and under the cover of darkness taken out my old windowz 98SE machine.

Using DCC for the 7020 I can see that the attributes are wrong as you said. BUT it wont let me change them. Do I need some other software like wsftp to do this ?

Third and final question of many. When I first FTP files to root/var/bin, keys, etc & lib from camd_v3 do I ADD the files to the existing ones OR replace them.

Please don't give up on this newbie yet - I'll get the hang of this yet.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Replace the keys.

If you use WS Pro (FTP) you can change folder and file properties. If using TELNET the command is chmod file 755 : type MAN at the command line and you might get a help file.

(to get a working copy of ws pro go to google and search for fosi download)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
The chmod should work . Maybe you need to change the cam on the dreambox to the common interface before changing. Is important with several files you want to FTP to the VAR folder. Always disable the cam first...

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
CE MARCHE !! Merci à tous.

I managed to get it working by FTPing the lot. Now I just need to remember what I did. At last I'm in the dream world - for now.

(Just found out how to change the language from French)