Help and Advice please

gypsydog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5400ci+super, 1m offset Dish,TM2200 Diseqc motor, Invacom 0.3 universal lnb, Diablo 2.3 Light & Cas 3+
My Location
Galashiels
I am an absolute technophobe, but I would like to receive as many Czech speaking channels as possible (both free and subscription). I live in Galashiels Scotland. What size of dish would be required and how much do you think a system would cost. I am willing to go for a fixed or motorized system if the number of channels make it worth it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This page gives you the free to air channels _http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Czechia.html

There is a package "SkyLink" available on Astra 23.5 East, quite a big dish needed for you area _http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skylink.html

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Also to add, a paid package UPC is available on 19e (Astra1) for Czech speaking channels.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Astra 1E channels are an easy catch up here in the Borders. To be honest the dish size needed for successful bad weather reception of the Astra 3A channels mean its not really viable to get them up here.

An alternative is to go for the Czech version on the UPC package on 19E which is nice and high powered here.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Oops, sorry, forgot about that one and much easier to receive. :)

_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/upcdirect.html

gypsydog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5400ci+super, 1m offset Dish,TM2200 Diseqc motor, Invacom 0.3 universal lnb, Diablo 2.3 Light & Cas 3+
My Location
Galashiels
Thanks for the help, I at least now I, know it can be done. just need to find a system ,supplier and installer , any Recommendations in The scottish Borders or Edinburgh area

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sorry gd - I dont know of any installers round here. However installing a fixed dish is easy enough and as long as you arent installing up on the top floor of one of the tenements in the town centre I dont mind giving you a hand - Im live and work in Gala..

gypsydog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Galashiels
I have found this package , advice most welcome

Technomate TM-5400Ci receiver with a Cryptoworks CAM , it’s a motorized system with a DiSEcQ motor mount and 100cm solid dish with 0.2 dB Universal LNB

It does not cost much more than one of the fixed dish systems I was looking for originally . but will receive a lot more. At a little over £200 I don’t think I can go wrong but if anyone knows different please tell me before I commit myself.

PS . I have found an Installer just south of the Border which will make life a lot easier and the czech upc package will be a monthly subscription at local Czech rate through a Czech address.

Thanks for everyones help I would not have got this far without you all