Help For A Beginner Please

merv7419

Reaction score
Hello all,

i am a complete beginner at this, and it is taking a lot of courage for me to do this. I have become obsessed with this site since joining just a couple of days ago, and have learnt more in the last couple of days reading the different threads, than i have in the last couple of weeks reading magazines etc..and i think your site is excellent.

I have a couple of questions please.....

I have a motorised 80cm dish which receives from 28e t0 30w/

1. can somebody please tell me what the best channels are for watching movies, the tps channels use to show decent movies before the encryption changed. Also is it the end now for tps / multivision, or will new keys etc, be available eventually. I get mixed messages from reading the forums.

2. I love my football, being a spurs fan (no abuse needed please), i watch sport tv(30w) and mult8 (13e). Do you think it is worth my time buying an ART subscription card, which shows lots of prem footy, and also art movies. you can pick up an ART card on ebay for about £80 (6 months).
also what kind of movies do art movies show, is there a programme list out there, ive looked but to no avail.

hope this all makes sense

merv7419@aol.com

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
Hi Merv,
Quite new myself, but at the moment I'd be tempted to leave the dish on 30W for entertainment value. As for the ART, if you go to the dudez site, you'll find that one of their sponsors is selling cards for £69.99. Don't know if I'm allowed to mention the sponsor's name, so I won't do (it's the bottom middle one with a blue logo) I personally think it's worth it if you're a dedicated soccer fan, as they do show a lot of stuff. As for the films, sorry, can't help.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Conax is open on 1W if you have a Tit card. It's a big package lots of footy and movies/mature content.

merv7419

Reaction score
thanks daveenty / razor

excuse my ignorance what is a tit card - Titanium card??, is this for programing? if so that is another subject, which completely intimidates me, but will take slowly and try and learn.

a week ago i could access canal D/F/N on 1w for footy, but has been re-encrypted. are ther new keys available??

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Yes, tit card = Titanium card

New keys for 1W are out, they went back to an old key. It,s just an old trick they used before in the old days. They make us reprogram our cards and save new keys changes for later. Maybe their sub cards can only have a certain amount of new keys added, but with the use of old keys they can add to the lifespan of their cards.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Razor said:
Yes, tit card = Titanium card

New keys for 1W are out, they went back to an old key. It,s just an old trick they used before in the old days. They make us reprogram our cards and save new keys changes for later. Maybe their sub cards can only have a certain amount of new keys added, but with the use of old keys they can add to the lifespan of their cards.
That's interesting m8. I didn't know that. Do you know how old the current key20 is, and/or how old the oldest key was that has been 'recycled'?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
KEY 20 is about 3 months old now, as for how old a key they can use, this is quite limited as not all their sub cards will handle the really old ones. One glove does not fit all.

Reaction score
Razor said:
KEY 20 is about 3 months old now, as for how old a key they can use, this is quite limited as not all their sub cards will handle the really old ones. One glove does not fit all.
can anyone please tell me how to use a pogrammer gold and titanium i havent got any idea.........please please
regards

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
gianni bellini said:
can anyone please tell me how to use a pogrammer gold and titanium i havent got any idea.........please please
regards

We will need to know what gear you have first.

What cards, cams, receiver, and pogrammer.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Razor said:
This is interesting. I checked a key20 I saved about 3 months ago, but it's not the same. Must be a couple of weeks out or so. I'm going to start tracking them. Might give me quicker key changes when they do it again. :D

I feel a key database being born as I type...

Cheers.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Go for it Stick, me, I just go to dudez and grab what I need.