djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Currently my 80cm dish is pointing EUTELSAT W3 at 7° East. The question is how quick and how easy/difficult would it to be to re-align to 1W.

Also another thing which is worrying me is the dish is fixed to the back of the house (facing southwards), which way would I need to move the dish to get 1W ? Whats the difference looking at the dish now and if I would move it 1W ?

Sorry if you don't understand me, maybe I can post some pictures of the dish if it would help to understand what I mean.

Eventually I would like a mototrised setup, but just looking for quick fix to 1W for some quality entertainment on Saturday, if I read the info correctly about 1W being the best Sat for Footy ? In particular C+ Sport Nordic.

One more thing, I have a Skystar 2 card, would I have any trouble viewing 1W with this ? In particular C+ Sport Nordic.

Sorry for all the questions, hope you can help.

Cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
djc said:
Also another thing which is worrying me is the dish is fixed to the back of the house (facing southwards), which way would I need to move the dish to get 1W ? Whats the difference looking at the dish now and if I would move it 1W ?

All the dishes in Europe face South and your current satellite at 7 deg East is 7 deg East of the South direction (if you understand). So 1 deg West is only 8 deg away - to the right.

This is a small adjustment - try tuning your receiver to one of the freee-to-air channels at 1 West and then rotate your dish slightly right.

Before you do this mark on your dish the present rotation and elevation with marker line that won't wash off. This makes it easier to put back if things don't go as planned!

Do the adjustment slowly as the digital signal may take a few seconds to lock.

Better still if you have a satellite meter.

Remember to only rotate the dish, don't move it up or down. Once you have a signal you could try a slight adjustment to get the strongest reception possible.

Again before you do all this make sure you don't have anything in the way a 1 West (buildings, trees).

Good luck.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Hi there, thanks for your reply. Just found someone to do it for me for £30 so will let him do it.

Just 1 question left really, after I get re-aligned to 1W, will I have any trouble receiving C+ Sport (Nordic) ?

Cheers

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Your dish will be capable of getting enough signal (if it is set up correctly).

However the files for your card may be a little more difficult to find as the provider has been making a lot of changes recently. :)

L