Help - Frequency change problem

jandmspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE Model BSKB 2600C1
My Location
UK & Europe
I used the engineers menu (as I have done many times with no problem) to alter the frequency. Unfortunately I entered the wrong frequency whilst in my motorhome on holiday and the box light glows red as usual when I press the keys but nothing happens. I can change the frequency and find new channels but it will not hold the info as I am not in the correct menu.

It is a PACE model BSKB 2600C1

Help! before I buy a new box please.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just go back into the menu and use reset to factory condition.

jandmspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE Model BSKB 2600C1
My Location
UK & Europe
I cannot access the engineers menu because the box is not acting on the info input i.e. the keys I press - is there somewhere else to revert to factory settings. Sorry for being IT stupid! Thanks for your help.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So are you saying that the remote control is not allowing you into any of the menus, or just the installer menu?

If it is not allowing you into the installer menu only, then it may be that one of the buttons on the remote is a bit sticky, so instead of pressing 4 0 1, make sure that you are in the System setup menu first, then very deliberately press 0, 1, select.

jandmspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE Model BSKB 2600C1
My Location
UK & Europe
Thank you I've already done that as well as trying a new remote. The buttons are working and they are picked up by the machine but then nothing, cannot get into engineers menu but everything else works!? But because frequency is incorrect cannot use search except when in services menu but that will not retain change of settings as not in engineers menu.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, not totally sure what you've done, do you mean that you've changed the default transponder?

When you say everything else works, what do you actually mean, can you get the normal channels and EPG? Can you access all of the items in the services menu? Are you pointing at Astra 28.2?

I must confess that I've not heard of a problem where someone cannot enter the installer menu.

As a last ditch attempt, you could try a forced update, but if you have wrongly entered a figure for the default transponder, it will not work, although boxes will normally reset to the correct default after a long mains disconnection.

jandmspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE Model BSKB 2600C1
My Location
UK & Europe
Thanks for trying to help - it sounds as though I'll have to get the box checked out. No I didn't change the transponder just the frequency. Hey Ho - don't you just love items with circuit boards!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Which frequency did you change?

jandmspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE Model BSKB 2600C1
My Location
UK & Europe
Frequency (GHz) and polarisation to H.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well there are only two settings in that menu, one is Default transponder and the other is Manual tuning, Changing the manual tuning frequency will not do anything, changing the Default transponder will change the transponder the box looks at when it loads the EPG etc.

Changing those will not affect your access to the installer menu, so perhaps try a forced update and see what happens.