HELP G-Guard 9500FTA

asadi

Reaction score
i had a digital satellite receiver installed like a year ago.. it's G-Guard 9500FTA.. the technician who installed it changed the default password and kept the new password for himself and he's refusing to give it to me.. kind of trying to benefit from second visits ro reprogram channels as frequencies keep on changing and new channels are always added.. i kind of got bored of all this, he coming over and getting paid for doing nothing except putting a 4 digit password.. so, is there anyway i can firgure out this password alone or crack it? please help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds a bit off to me Asadi, surely the guy is taking the piss, don't know where you are, but there must be a trade association or trading standards office that you can report him to.

Most receiver will reset the password to 1234 or 0000 after a factory reset (you may be able to do this from within your menus without a password), but of course you will also lose your present settings. Don't think I've heard of the receiver, do you have a web link to the spec.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There may be another reason for password protection

How old are you asadi (really) ?

Is it a motorised system, changing parameters without knowledge may completely screw up channels, positions, motor limits, and the dish may get damaged

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, good to see your on the ball CH, a parental control perhaps. ;)

aadham

Reaction score
My Location
Amman - Jordan
As far as I know G-Guard = Nextwave, and it's being sold under this name in Jordan.
So, I would imagine that a simple call or a visit to the dealer would help you sort it out.

Good luck

asadi

Reaction score
well thanks to Aadham i managed to figure out that the G-Gurd 9500FTA system is the same as the Nextwave SDR-2200. but still i couldn't find a way to reset the password.. enetering the configuration menu to restore factory setting also needs a password. too bad here in Jordan there's no one you can report such behaviors to.

CH don't worry about me messing up with the parameters and stuff because i know what i know what i'm doing and i've done before with previous receivers i had.. i ust need to figure out the password..

aadham

Reaction score
My Location
Amman - Jordan
Call (06)582 0051 and ask for Ghassan. I'm sure he can help you.

Good luck.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I just have to be sure before giving out information that may lead to someones dad coming round after dark because his kid has accessed erotic TV, or the dish is now in the garden, even though it was originally on the roof.

For situations such as this, a firmware upgrade to the original version, may be the best way of solving the problem quickly (unless you have no problem entering 9999 different combinations of numbers )

Try one of these sites
http://www.mondosat.net/nextwave.htm
http://www.elektrosatelity.cz/sernextwave.htm

print out the instructions for use before starting, and remember, youre now on your own - good luck

aadham

Reaction score
My Location
Amman - Jordan
Basically you'd need the firmware, a null modem cable and a pc/laptop.

I recommend that you check Arabic sat forums. Topics covering this receiver are all over the place.

Good luck

hatem2004

Reaction score
does the software for the g-guard receiver resembele metabox software or how can i get the proper upgrade software for such a receiver?

thanx alot for your help....)

aadham

Reaction score
My Location
Amman - Jordan
I don't know much about those two receivers, but would highly recommend that you do not venture into the area of using any firmware other than the original.

As I said earlier, a visit to the Arabic sat forums would quickly help you find out the answers to your questions.

Good luck

daherjrjor

Reaction score
I have a GG-Guard 9500 FTA, it’s very good easy to handle, but can you advice me the name of manufacturing company.

bigsoul

Reaction score
here is the master password for all nextwave or g gaurd or magnum recievers
don't 4 get to thank me
bigsoul
palestine

sad85man

Reaction score
g-guard is common in jordan it is a good receiver but the patch of it not sutable with metabox

www.sandroses.com/abbs

g-guard 9500 fta
g-guard 9500 fta plus
g-guard 9500 fta plus 2m