nota995

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
disqeq 1.2 0.80m dish
My Location
sussex
Hi
Flashed my dm500s with new image yesterday now the damn thing doesnt work at all. Got a message on screen that it was a clone and contact dealer! Now it's dead. Are there any articles in here about how to recover from this?? Was sure this was an original box! Damn damn damn!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
See the sticky thread at the top of this section. How to JTAG DM500.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Best way to recover it mate is just to chuck it away and buy another off ebay. You can get them for as little as £40 new.

For the amount of hassle you have to go through to get it live again its just not worth it.

Before you condemn the box try using an older version of Dreamup first and a null modem cable. The other thing is to keep away from anything that the scumbag Gemini team have had anything to do with.

I would seriously consider looking at another box not made by Dream Multimedia. They have had a hold on the market far too long with their extortionately over priced boxes.

Nano

nota995

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
disqeq 1.2 0.80m dish
My Location
sussex
Thanks for that all. I used it for 3 years with an earlier flah with no problem. I looked inside doesn't look like a clone! What receiver would you suggest instead?