help needed with H-H mount optical sensor

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
I was wondering if anyone knew if u could hook up a Geotrack V-box to a H-H optical sensor in a Jaeger Supermount SMO-36EL?

It looks like the Aston Satseeker DS200 will just hook up to the optical sensor but b4 I fork out the cash for one I was hoping to use the old v-box I already got.

The std ram type actuator has 4 wires 36v +/- and black/grey for the reed sensor GND/Pulse.
The H-H optical sensor has 5 wires 36v+/- and white/yellow/green for GND/Pulses/+5vDC.

Could I run the GND/Pulse from the v-box and find an additional 5v for the mechanical polarizer in the optical sensor to work?
Any ideas?

Pics of all bits :D
15428.jpg

org_135.jpg

positioner_geotrack_v-box.gif

positioner_geotrack_v-box_h.gif

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
As long as you have a common earth for the return run of the sensor, then a separate 5V supply will be suitable for the optical sensor

The skew output should be OK from the Aston Satseeker, but check that it is a permanent 5V and not one that is only active when the polariser circuit is on . You will need to run the 5V to both actuators

Let me know how you get on , the H to H mount is quite well built, you should get good coverage of inclined orbit satellites from 50W to 50E if correctly set up. Be careful that the canister bolts are not tightened too much on the post otherwise the alloy will crack.

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
Thanks for the info Channel Hopper.

the H to H mount is quite well built,
Yeah, the Jaeger mount is a big heavy bitch :D

I have to do a few mods to the dish support ring to be able to properly attach it to the HH mount to set the declination angle.