Help Needed!

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All

I have just bought a sky+ v.2 box which i have bought over to Germany and here is the problem.

Before bringing it over here i connected it up at my parents address and phoned sky and instructed them to upgrade the subscription to a sky + subscription, they took the card no and box serial nomber and said they would do it, did the box need to be connected to the phone line for this subscription upgrade to go through? Would sky have noticed somehow that there was only one dish input going into the box instead of two and therefore cancelled the sub. upgrade?

So my situation now is that i am here in germany with my sky+ box which at the moment has only one dish input and i recieve all my channels that i subscribe to but i cant pause live tv which i would of thought possible even with just the one dish input. So what should i do??

When i try and pause live tv i get a message saying that ti is not possible and that i should contact sky to upgrade my subscription, something i thought i had done whilst i was in the uk, do i need to go back to the uk and do it again whilst connected to phone line? Has anyone else got sky+ working in Europe?

TIA Nick

N

net1

You need both cables,from the dish, connected to the box, and you must do a call back via the telephone line.After that you will have to phone Sky to get the recording facility switched on.You will need a quad lnb fitted to your dish which should have been supplied with the Sky+ system.

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Will the activation work if only one input from the dish is connected? the reason i ask is that at home in the uk i only have the dish set up with one LNB and dont really want to go to the effort of setting up a quad lnb just for the purpose of activating the sky plus sub.

Can the people at sky cs tell if only one input is going into the digi box?

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for your help, just one more question do i need to have both dish input's connected when i phone sky to be upgraded to sky plus, can i just have one connected? This will save me time and money upgrading my dish in the uk from 1 lnb to a quad lnb.

N

net1

The 'plus' features will not be available until the dish has been upgraded (to provide a signal for the second internal receiver.)

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks net1 for your reply, i am aware that the plus fgeatures will not work without the second feed from the dish but will one feed be enough for when i phone sky cs to upgrade the sub to sky + ? Once the sub is upgraded i will bring the box back to germany where i have a dual lnb set up.

What i am concerned about is phoning sky cs and saying that i want to upgrade and that i have done the instalation myself and them being able to some how see that i only have one input from my dish to the box,

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Hi, to have everything upgraded you only need one input connected.to use live pause you also only need one input connected.if you wish to record anything you can only do this if you connect your one input to input 2. only really worthwhile if you want to record somnething whilst your out or asleep. both of these definately work as I am at present only using one input. a right pain in the ass!!!!!!!
you do know about having to have the box connected to the phone line for the initial 12 months of your SKY+ subscription? any other sub time with SKY will not be taken into consideration.

Methos.

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thaks for the help, how will sky know if the box is always connected to the phone line? What if i took my box home every couple of months and set ti up and say ordered a box office film, would this be enough for sky to convince them i was connected to the phone line? Is connection between sky and the digi box possible if the box is unplugged at the mains?

Anyone in Europe got sky plus?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
There very crafty these Sky people, but the odd Box-Office movie should keep them happy.

Use your phone to order a movie, they will be subspecies, and will then dial your box to make sure you are not sitting in a beachfront Villa.

Hope all goes well………

Razor.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
You can pause live TV with one one feed....it sounds like they did not activate recording for you.

My Dad did mine - they did mention that it might need a callback but it did not. There was one call for the remarrying and a second to activate the record feature set.

The only thing I had to do was force a software download for dual record to work :)