Help Needed

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Got myself a 400s and need help or pionted in the right direction. Can i put an image that i am familiar with(Gemini) on the box and what is the procedure for doing it. Think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with my limited experience but Im a trier Lol. Can I flash it the same way as my dreambox. Im not worried aboutthe image supporting 2 tuners for now just one that will look familiar when i switch on. Can I ftp the image or do i need the usb method for the initial flash. Thanks in advance.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
tomthebomb1968 said:
Got myself a 400s and need help or pionted in the right direction. Can i put an image that i am familiar with(Gemini) on the box and what is the procedure for doing it. Think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with my limited experience but Im a trier Lol. Can I flash it the same way as my dreambox. Im not worried aboutthe image supporting 2 tuners for now just one that will look familiar when i switch on. Can I ftp the image or do i need the usb method for the initial flash. Thanks in advance.

If you want your box to stay alive, then it would be better not to change the firmware with a different one from another make. This can kill it !!!
In the meantime enjoy your new box and if you must make changes, then search the forum for any reliable information.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
HB13DISH said:
If you want your box to stay alive, then it would be better not to change the firmware with a different one from another make. This can kill it !!!
In the meantime enjoy your new box and if you must make changes, then search the forum for any reliable information.

Thanks, I have been on to Denktenk forum and put out an sos. lol. Love to be able to get it working like my dreambox, as the av from it it superb.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
@HB13DISH: there are also Gemini images for Relook receivers (apologies if you already knew this). Albeit unofficial ones.

@Tom: I don't have a Relook but if there's a Gemini image for the Relook 400s e.g. UNOFFICIAL.Gemini-4.1.RELOOK.400S_25-10-2007, that you like/ know, then let us know how you get on as the Relook section is a little quiet :) (although I read that 4.2 is better than 4.1).

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
@Tom: I don't have a Relook but if there's a Gemini image for the Relook 400s e.g. UNOFFICIAL.Gemini-4.1.RELOOK.400S_25-10-2007, that you like/ know, then let us know how you get on as the Relook section is a little quiet :) (although I read that 4.2 is better than 4.1).

Yeah I will do that and thanks. I thought it was out there somewhere. Got all I need now to get it on the box but its a case of read 50 times do it once. Lol. Will post how i get on.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Update. have just flashed the above image onto the 400s. Reported it was sucesful. Rebooted and the Gemini Logo appeared with a message "Loading Enigma" also on screen. The Language options screen appears just the same as the dreambox but it seems to lock up at this stage.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
mhku said:
@HB13DISH: there are also Gemini images for Relook receivers (apologies if you already knew this). Albeit unofficial ones.

Thanks mhku for the information.
The original poster sounded like he was going to try a Gemini image that he is familiar with and since he has a 500S then I was concerned that he might try THAT instead of looking for one that is suitable for Relook 400S.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Thanks for all the advice guys, I now have it working just like I wanted it to. I have installed "usb_all_ipbox4xx_enigma1_20080403" image on my Relook 400s and it is superp(at the minute). It is from AB-COM who make The AB IPBOX range of receivers. The functionality is great, image comes with channels already installed from loads of satellites and Bouquts already setup for Music, Sport, Kids, News etc. The only negative thing so far is the Sat Scan takes ages. Regarding the Relook 400s, well I think it must have a better tuner than my DB500 as it has pulled in a lot more channels. A/V quality is a big improvement also. Glad I bought it.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Well done tom.
Enjoy your new toy. :)