Help please with MRB

S

superboysuper

Hi there every one,

I'm a newbie in laptop cam patching domain. I've a MRB cam v3.11. I've always updated it using the laptop. I wanted recently to update it to MRB v3.12. I learnt in the enclosed readme file that i need UCAS 3.2 to have this done. In fact, I changed the cam ZCAS to UCAS 3.2. The problem then was that using my laptop (Acer Travelmate 630) and the UCAS Downloader Tool (loaders: v1.1 / v1.2 / v1.3) the cam update to MRB 3.12 was IMPOSSIBLE. I all the time get the following mesage (Device not ready, try to re-insert the cam).

Please help me solve this problem. :-ohmy
Thanks a lot in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Buy a laptop that is not an Acer and has an operating system Win98SE

Clemmensen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC w.
TechnoTrend Budget C-1500 + CI + Matrix Reborn
My Location
Denmark
superboysuper said:
Hi there every one,

I'm a newbie in laptop cam patching domain. I've a MRB cam v3.11. I've always updated it using the laptop. I wanted recently to update it to MRB v3.12. I learnt in the enclosed readme file that i need UCAS 3.2 to have this done. In fact, I changed the cam ZCAS to UCAS 3.2. The problem then was that using my laptop (Acer Travelmate 630) and the UCAS Downloader Tool (loaders: v1.1 / v1.2 / v1.3) the cam update to MRB 3.12 was IMPOSSIBLE. I all the time get the following mesage (Device not ready, try to re-insert the cam).

Please help me solve this problem. :-ohmy
Thanks a lot in advance

I thought that I had killed my own Matrix Reborn using that approach, but the solution is simple! Insert the cam in your reciever and turn it on. In the cam menu it should now say UCAS 3.2. Now tune into a channel and wait for 5-10 seconds since this will activate the download function in the cam (it was deactivated when you uploaded UCAS 3.2 to it.) Now all you have to do is to insert it in your laptop and update using ucas_loader as you would normally do :-) It works! Just did it myself efter having experienced the same proble you had. This solution is actually embedded in the zcastoucas archive in a readme file :)

S

superboysuper

hi buddies,
thanks man for the precious help. it worked perfectly.:-righton

arras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
XP
FCIS 7000 E+
CAS 3
Mreborn
My Location
Portugal
Hello. I'm running the same problem, in my case I'm udating the reborn with cas 3 witch allows me tu upload just .bin files, no upd. I've not reach sucess in comunicating with the cam using my laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo (XP home edition) so, I'm not able to use the loader and I'm running around and around trieing to find a way to install in cam the UCAS 3.2. Any sugestion?