springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Hello

I have a satellite pointing I think to Astra and another to Hotbird. I am in Portugal and two months ago I was watching TV fine but since returning back to Portugal last week I have not been successful in viewing any channels. Just getting "no signal".

Today I went onto the flat foof with my tv, stuck in the satellite cable into the back of my receiver and managed to see Hotbird. I am using DisEqc/sat switches and they are maked SAT A, RX and SATB. I wondering if the problem could be that I need to replace these SisEqc/sat switches. Unfortunately the shop was closed today so will get them tested at the local electrical shop on tuesday. There is a bit of rust on the outside but look fine inside. However there were loads of earwigs in one of them! If they do test ok I need to reconnect them. This is the problem. Which leads go where! I think the lead coming out of the Hotbird LNB goes into SAT A. Where the other two go I'm now unsure. Could someone explain to me a bit more where the leads go please? A diagram would be lovely!

Another question. The receiver I am using is a M Vision S5 USB. I have a SKY receiver I got from PACE some years back. Is there any advantage in using this receiver and would it work?

Steve

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Presumably you are saying you have two dishes not two satellites...

By Astra you mean location 28.2/5 degrees or do you mean something else as a Sky stb is only really any use on 28.2/5

From memory because the sky stb does not support Disecq switching that would need to be allocated to Sat A if you use it

There is no way of advising about the switch, only try or test.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If Hotbird is on port A then Astra was probably set on port B. You need to go into the menu options in the none Sky box and and see if the disecq settings are still correct.

Sky UK boxes do not support disecq switching so it would need to be to either be wired direct to a lnb aimed at 28E or it should work if the lnb is wired to port A - but you then lose the feed to the second dish.

edit - snap :D

springood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish.
HTS 7300 receiver
My Location
portugal
Thank you for this info. Some more questions if I may, the RX connector on the DiseCq switch is that the signal coming in from the LNB or from the other dish? (Sorry Topper, yes by "Satellite I should have said "dish")

Also as there is one cable going into my receiver then I guess the digital signals being picked up by the two dishes are going down the same cable. Is that right?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Look at it like this

dish A |
.........|
.........|.........receiver
.........|
dish B |

(ignore the dots on the left - they are just there as spacing :)