Help & tips?...

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Hi all...

Just off to my local computer shop so thought i'd get a few little things while i'm there...Can anyone tell me exactly what lead i would need to buy to upgrade my reciever?...also what leads i should buy to assist future programming of cams/cards etc?...lastly, anything else i might need or might come in handy?

Thanks in advance...

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Hi exxxklusive,

Not too sure what kind of receiver you have but I think you will need a null modem cable that will connect the back of your receiver up to your PC via the COM port. They usually cost no more than a tenner.

Nis

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Nismo400R said:
Hi exxxklusive,

Not too sure what kind of receiver you have but I think you will need a null modem cable that will connect the back of your receiver up to your PC via the COM port. They usually cost no more than a tenner.

Nis
Cheers mate...I have an Echostar 3000IP btw...

Will get a Null Modem lead...Is there anything else i should get while i'm there?
Serial/Usb leads maybe???

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Unless you have a programmer then I wouldnt bother buying any leads until you get to that point. The prices of serial/usb leads are relativley cheap anywayz so id leave it to be honest m8.

Nis

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The Echostar can be updated 'over the air' (OTA). Have you tried this?

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
jimbo said:
The Echostar can be updated 'over the air' (OTA). Have you tried this?
Have the same software since new (Esciap200) so can't do an OTA upgrade until above 400...i only want to upgrade to 800 though & latest is 1100.

Have registered at the Echostar site a day or so ago, just gotta wait for a response with my user/password. (thier replying is as slow as thier upgrades :rolleyes: )

Thanks for the suggestion though. :-righton