Help Wanted.......

Grub

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bedfordshire
Hi,
I have just obtained a Hyundai HSS1000 Plus an aston cam ver 1.03 plus fun 5 card and gold card, also an infinity usb. I have a 90cm dish pointed at hot bird.
So the $64000 question is:
what else should i be able to view - other than FTA stuff that i receive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading this post
Grub. :)

rkhsaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax, dragon, Matrix, 4 dishes
My Location
France
If your just starting out (as I did a few weeks ago !), I would suggest that you learn in easy steps. -Try programming your gold card with the latest gold files (normally 2 files, a pic file & an eeprom file). This should give you the AB stuff on Hotbird amongst others. Downside is that the files need updating regularly.

Good luck

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i still have that little aston cam ver 1.03 floating around but i use software emulation on my pc these days combined with a skystar 2 sat card for about 70 uk pounds roughly and that pretty much does it all. tv out is provided by my graphics card as the tv out requires the dearer model which costs a lot more but the cheaper skystar 2 sat card has no cam slot, cant recall if the dearer one has or not either but i know it has tv out. Advantages on using card and pc emulation methods here really. Card method can open channels when pc emulation method fails and vice versa.

You will have to constantly program card with your present setup but its all part of the fun of sat tv watching :D still sometimes the card can go for a few weeks without any glitches, more like a few days, even every hour or two, its just luck really. Once you get the hang of it you will do it as routine. Its still a very popular method. check out nobblys big link list for any k*ys you require, you could start by going to an excellent site called fookfiles.com

cheers :) have fun.