Help - Which side?

Sat Sergeant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.3 metre dish quad LNB Thompson and Pace Sky plus
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
A bit of advice wanted please, I want to try and shield part of my dish from the interferrence from Badr. If I stand at the front of the dish and facing it which side of the lnb is nearer to 26 deg - left or right? Will be very grateful for any help as ALL BBC channels have now gone.:confused

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Assuming that the dish is pointed at 28E, then any signal coming from 26E would be arriving to the left of the LNB.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah 2 new frequencies have been activated on 26E 10810 V & H

That will nail both 10803H & 10818V on 28E

As I predicted recently - as more Badr 5 frequencies are fired up more frequencies will be affected.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Sat Sergeant said:
A bit of advice wanted please, I want to try and shield part of my dish from the interferrence from Badr. If I stand at the front of the dish and facing it which side of the lnb is nearer to 26 deg - left or right? Will be very grateful for any help as ALL BBC channels have now gone.:confused
Trial and error Sarge.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello
you will have ro experiment on this and it will not be easy
the signal on 26 will be on the left side facing the dish.
you could try some metal on the left side of the lnb.
this may have to be flat or curved and may have to pushed up or down to see if it will block the satellite
signal coming down on the side .
it may have to be sticking 2 or 3 inches below the feed horn but never in front to cover the signal.

i had to wrap metal foil arround the lnb once because of a radar ping that was causing a brake up every 40 seconds as it rotated
ralph

Sat Sergeant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
Thanks guys for all your advice, will try a few ideas over the next few days and report back any results.

Reaction score
Website
www.mad-av.com
My Satellite Setup
2.7m DH with Invacom Quad connecting to a Win7 x64 Media Centre w/ a rotating Thomson or Pace Digibox
My Location
Paphos, Cyprus
just had a call with someone who is out offering a solution to the interference issue which sounds similar to this thread, based on 'deflecting BADR' away from the LNB. Is it really that straight forward, effectively creating a dead spot/zone on the dish?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
BigDutchStrikesBack said:
just had a call with someone who is out offering a solution to the interference issue which sounds similar to this thread, based on 'deflecting BADR' away from the LNB. Is it really that straight forward, effectively creating a dead spot/zone on the dish?
Well,not straight forward ,but theoretically it might work. But the answer must come from this person out offering a solution.Has he/she had any results ?

Reaction score
Website
www.mad-av.com
My Satellite Setup
2.7m DH with Invacom Quad connecting to a Win7 x64 Media Centre w/ a rotating Thomson or Pace Digibox
My Location
Paphos, Cyprus
@ Sat Sergeant - any feedback on your experiments ?

@ Zorba - back then it was being trialled but since then i have heard about a 24hr money back guarantee if it doesn't resolve the issue ... cost is/was €80

Sat Sergeant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
Due to an injury, ie sliding out of the dish and twisting my ankle i have not been able to carry out any further tests. I do have a couple of friends that have used the €80 service and are quite pleased with the results.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Sat Sergeant said:
Due to an injury, ie sliding out of the dish and twisting my ankle i have not been able to carry out any further tests. I do have a couple of friends that have used the €80 service and are quite pleased with the results.

Can you not copy it?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
BigDutchStrikesBack said:
@ Sat Sergeant - any feedback on your experiments ?

@ Zorba - back then it was being trialled but since then i have heard about a 24hr money back guarantee if it doesn't resolve the issue ... cost is/was €80
I knew I was too cheap. No money back guarantees though,as the results are instant.
But knowing now there is risk of injury I will charge €100 :)