help with sky plus

jamie72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
essex
Hello guys,

Please could you help, I live in a small block of flats and not allowed for any satellite dishes to be installed. I have sky plus with one dish being used, that’s the communal dish. Is there any way for extra sockets to be added to that dish so I can watch and record programmes.

thx

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi and welcome to the forum.:)

You need to check with the installers of the system to see whether there is any redundancy on the multiswitch/multiswitches, how many flats are there?

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
What about using a stacker/destacker? You still need (minimum) a twin LNB installed on the dish though...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The dish will probably already have an Octo LNB or Quattro LNB installed Cupart, so the poster is relying on redundancy or upgrade of the multiswitch, no way to add another LNb. If there is redundancy, then yes, a stacker/de-stacker can be used.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rolfw, have you any experience using the stacker/destackers? I have seen a few places that the Johnson Manhattan unit is (supposedly) recommended by SKY to use with SKY plus systems while others say they are useless. Sorry for moving off the subject...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem, in fact it is relevant to the discussion. Haven't had the need to use one yet, have always managed to get a cable to the required location, but providing the input is sufficient (an inline amp/equaliser may need to be used), then they do a good job. :)