Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Darkbox SD 2008
Alsat 85cm Dish
DigiAlb Gold Package
My Location
Liverpool
Sorry if in wrong section

I have two 3 LCD televisions, one in the bedroom upstairs and two downtstairs. We have our sky dish wired into all three rooms, so that we could watch sky in all the rooms, one with a magic eye so we could change the channel.

When i recently bought a Darkkbox SD 2008 I had that put in the same room as the sky box, and they both run through the main television via scart as the television can take two scart cables this worked fine and we could watch sky in all the rooms and we could also watch the darkbox in all the rooms.

Last week we had the house decorated and the television was moved and weve now put it back in, however for some reason we cant get everything back.

In the main room we have both receivers on seperate AV channels, however in the other rooms we only get sky when the Darkbox is switched off, and when its switched on the channel comes on but you can only just make it out through the "snow".

When we have tried to retune the televisions all we get is them both on the same channel, but obviously thats no use when we want to watch different boxes.

Does anyone have any idea of what we have done wrong or what we need to do.

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the frequencies of the boxes are clashing, got into the installer menu on the digibox and check which channel it is using, then check the other box and if it is similar, move it away. Where to put it will depend on your terrestrial channels.

reaney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Darkbox SD 2008
Alsat 85cm Dish
DigiAlb Gold Package
My Location
Liverpool
Worked a treat thanks alot