Here is some help for upgr. with Laptops

rizla

Reaction score
My Location
Reading
A little help for everyone who want to upgrade their MR CAM using Laptop's PCMCIA. :cool:

rkh

Reaction score
rizla said:
A little help for everyone who want to upgrade their MR CAM using Laptop's PCMCIA. :cool:
I have a compaq notebook 100 laptop with win98. It does not want to recognize the Matrix Reloaded card even though I carefully followed the instructions (replacing the cbss.vxd file, etc..) contained in the mr_by_pcmia file. Not only that, but (every time I reboot) it keeps recognizing and installing the pcmia network adapter card (a texas instrument cardbus) that was formerly in the pcmia slot, although I have taken it out! any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance, guys.

lfc84

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised dm500s
My Location
uk
I have a compaq notebook evo n600c with the same problem.......

please help !

thankyou in advance !

dee

Reaction score
Seems like the MR card is only compatible with certain computers and OS. I have trid it on a Dell latitute, Thinkpad T22 and T23, and on a Compaq Armada M300 and M700 (all running XP) with no luck. Please let me know if there is a way round this.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
rkh said:
I have a compaq notebook 100 laptop with win98. It does not want to recognize the Matrix Reloaded card even though I carefully followed the instructions (replacing the cbss.vxd file, etc..) contained in the mr_by_pcmia file. Not only that, but (every time I reboot) it keeps recognizing and installing the pcmia network adapter card (a texas instrument cardbus) that was formerly in the pcmia slot, although I have taken it out! any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance, guys.

Can't remember much how I did it!.......I had the same trouble as you, I sussed it by dragging and placing the drivers into the system or system32 folder....after that my win 98 realised I had just poked a cam in my lappy's ribs!