hi to all,

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s 40gb hard disk, sky + sky digi box, comgag sl65 *2 twinhan pci sat card. 2* sky digi boxes each with quad lnb's 1M televes dish superjack dg120 motor. dreambox and 4 pc's all networked running vlc from dreambox. Some pc's wireless.hita
My Location
abertillery area gwent south wales
1 st posting on here, i have posted on other forums on this site though.
My question is. I have motorised dish and three types of motorised receiver dreambox 7000s main receiver, comag sl65 which drives dish real fast, and twinhan pci sat card in my pc. which not sure if it will drive dish yet. i have tried using lnb loop through cable to connect all three but seems the last receiver takes priority over motor setup. with two receivers off does only the switched on one take priority. over motor control or how woudl anyone suggest i go about using all three on same dish also all three to control dish ? Are motor settings position held at motor or receiver ? Also I understand that I can only watch transponders on one channel with either when they are all switched on. Confusing Hey !!!!!

:eek:

Thanks Alun

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
With receivers linked by loopthrough, you can only watch channels which are on the same band/polarity, so it is more than one transponder.

With regard to the motor, only the first receiver can control it properly, as it talks to the motor to establish where it is, trying to control it with another receiver will not normally be very successful, better to use a quad LNB.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s 40gb hard disk, sky + sky digi box, comgag sl65 *2 twinhan pci sat card. 2* sky digi boxes each with quad lnb's 1M televes dish superjack dg120 motor. dreambox and 4 pc's all networked running vlc from dreambox. Some pc's wireless.hita
My Location
i did manage to get my comag and dreambox to work on same lnb but i had to position motor with dreambox, switch off then use comag. i got spare quad lnb and 2 port diseq switch which i amy use at some stage but my set-up is getting a bit complicatd at moment will take some pics of my home setup soon

Alun

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Complicated is an understatement m8, i,m up to my neck sorting out my single TM 1500ci, plenty to satisfy my novice head,

You,re quite local to me Alun, i live in Cwmbran, i once lived in the Trinant,
originally from Treowen.

deep joy dave:) :)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yeah fairly local to me i from blaina I enjoy messing about wiv electronic equipment and have done for many years. plenty of stuff to be getting on with.
still got to get my dish running properly. I stuck a cheap laser spirit level from pound shop, newport on to end of my dish to see where it is tracking real useful if you got a wall opposite to project on to as you can see exactly where dish is going didnt even have to go out of the house last night to adjust other satellites.picking up 19.2e to 24.5w but any furrther east and think dish is going to high or to low. Will adjust when we get better weather. Missing my record feature on 28.2e at moment with dreambox as dish not going far enough. I suppose i could just hook up to my spare quad lnb ouptut but defies the object a bit as full motor setup is what i have...

Enough blurb

L8r Alun

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Welcome handsome-nice to have you onboard

just a quick one-your SL65-could you tell me how to search for satellites manually? The default is for Astra (which I dont get-yet as the dish is not aligned for this one), I have one dish ( 1m) pointing at Hotbird and another (smaller one)at Arabsat but cant seem to find that one again-used to have it though.
I tried to scan for Badr and relative satellites, got something which I registered as New Satelite cos I dont know what it is, but can't figure out what I am doing exactly.
Yeh-better get ready to take up knitting at this rate!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
harrowoman,

there are other satellites setup on sl65 just have to tell it you have diseq motor attached or diseq switch and scroll left / right to find other satellies on menu. also need to have dish positioned at right satellite... You can as you say add satellites to sl65 but you need to know transponders on that satellite that are active before you scan so that you get a signal to lock.