Hispasat 30w NW England on 80cm Dish

zooma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000, Technomate TM-6800 HD, 80cm Dish, Tosh HD DVD, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Netgear Media Streamer
My Location
NW England
Wanted to know if its possible to recieve Hispasat on 80cm Dish in the NW of England

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
zooma said:
Wanted to know if its possible to recieve Hispasat on 80cm Dish in the NW of England

I think the answer is probably yes because with my 1.2mtr it booms in. Oh and welcome to the forum.

zooma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000, Technomate TM-6800 HD, 80cm Dish, Tosh HD DVD, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Netgear Media Streamer
My Location
NW England
cheers for the response and thanks for the welcome, do you know a good transponder to try, i've tried 11811H but seem to get nothing, also struggling to get eutelsat 10E

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
zooma said:
cheers for the response and thanks for the welcome, do you know a good transponder to try, i've tried 11811H but seem to get nothing, also struggling to get eutelsat 10E

zooma
Ah are you wanting TV Cabo?, you are better off going for FTA until you are sure of your setup try 11811 V 27500 3/4 also you could try 11615 H 27500 3/4.

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
Booms in with 85 cm in the heart of the NW. 80 cm should manage as well.

Mick21367

Mick21367
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A cheap 'n' nasty Silvercrest and an old (but good) TM1000D. 28, 19, 16 and 30W
My Location
Scottish Borders
I can get Hispasat (most transponders) on a Sky 'zone 2' dish (certainly 11,811 V) - as always bigger is better, but I can't imagine you'd have any trouble with 80cm. Some of the beams are quite 'tight' though.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
80cm skydish in Belfast - Hispasat loud and clear - 80-85%SNR on dreambox7000S

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo; 2 dishes; Astra1+2 and Hotbird, Hispasat; external DiSEqC switch.
My Location
Midlands, UK
hello everyone,

I have a question relating to Hispasat, which, although the answer may be an obvious 'no', I'd like to pose it in case anyone can offer any thoughts or ideas ...

I currently have a fixed single dish set up (80 cm I think) whereby multiple lnbs and a diseqc switch enable me to receive astra1, astra2 and hotbird.
However I would like to receive Hispasat, assuming it transpires I can actually see it.

Although I am willing to forfeit reception of say, astra1, my question is : can I get my current 'fixed' single dish set up changed to receive Hispasat?
Or are we talking about either a second dish or upgrading to a motorised system ?

thanks a lot,
lee
midlands, uk

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Not possible unless you motorise the dish or fix a second dish

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
ok thanks;

Just to take another approach here for the sake of argument :
let's imagine I decided I was no longer interested in either Astra1, Astra2 or Hotbird ...

If I got my 3-lnb dish moved towards Hispasat, which other satellites (if any) could I then pick up as well ?
My overall motive for any changes is to receive free to air hardcore mature content, of which I hear there is a certain amount at night on Hispasat.
I'll try to explore such details myself, as well.

thanks again,
lee

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Why not fit a motor and then you can pick up any sat, after all you can pick up a decent motor for about £40.
As for a 3-lnb dish centred on Hispasat there are no other sats of any interest near-bye.
Free to air hardcore mature content, may be softcore but then I don't stay up that late nowdays so may be your right.
Why not set your dish up on Hispasat and then you can see for yourself, and if it's not for you, move it back again.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
thanks,

I've always ruled out the idea of a motor because of concerns it would be audibly annoying to other residents.
(I live on the ground floor in a 2 storey flat complex and my dish is sited on a pole (6 foot ?) although adjacent to other people's flats)

I think I'll enquire with the original installer how much they would charge to bung a second dish (80 cm ?) onto the existing pole, pointed at hispasat. I'll also need to check that the current external diseqc switch can work with it.
ie I don't know if it has more ports than the 3 I currently use.
(feeding one receiver down a single coax run)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
i pick up hispa on a 40cm portable works great.. super on 1mtr though