Hispasat 30w NW England on 80cm Dish

zooma

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000, Technomate TM-6800 HD, 80cm Dish, Tosh HD DVD, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Netgear Media Streamer
My Location
NW England
Wanted to know if its possible to recieve Hispasat on 80cm Dish in the NW of England
 
zooma said:
Wanted to know if its possible to recieve Hispasat on 80cm Dish in the NW of England

I think the answer is probably yes because with my 1.2mtr it booms in. Oh and welcome to the forum.
 
cheers for the response and thanks for the welcome, do you know a good transponder to try, i've tried 11811H but seem to get nothing, also struggling to get eutelsat 10E
 
zooma said:
cheers for the response and thanks for the welcome, do you know a good transponder to try, i've tried 11811H but seem to get nothing, also struggling to get eutelsat 10E

zooma
Ah are you wanting TV Cabo?, you are better off going for FTA until you are sure of your setup try 11811 V 27500 3/4 also you could try 11615 H 27500 3/4.
 
Booms in with 85 cm in the heart of the NW. 80 cm should manage as well.
 
I can get Hispasat (most transponders) on a Sky 'zone 2' dish (certainly 11,811 V) - as always bigger is better, but I can't imagine you'd have any trouble with 80cm. Some of the beams are quite 'tight' though.
 
80cm skydish in Belfast - Hispasat loud and clear - 80-85%SNR on dreambox7000S
 
hello everyone,

I have a question relating to Hispasat, which, although the answer may be an obvious 'no', I'd like to pose it in case anyone can offer any thoughts or ideas ...

I currently have a fixed single dish set up (80 cm I think) whereby multiple lnbs and a diseqc switch enable me to receive astra1, astra2 and hotbird.
However I would like to receive Hispasat, assuming it transpires I can actually see it.

Although I am willing to forfeit reception of say, astra1, my question is : can I get my current 'fixed' single dish set up changed to receive Hispasat?
Or are we talking about either a second dish or upgrading to a motorised system ?

thanks a lot,
lee
midlands, uk
 
Not possible unless you motorise the dish or fix a second dish
 
ok thanks;

Just to take another approach here for the sake of argument :
let's imagine I decided I was no longer interested in either Astra1, Astra2 or Hotbird ...

If I got my 3-lnb dish moved towards Hispasat, which other satellites (if any) could I then pick up as well ?
My overall motive for any changes is to receive free to air hardcore mature content, of which I hear there is a certain amount at night on Hispasat.
I'll try to explore such details myself, as well.

thanks again,
lee
 
Why not fit a motor and then you can pick up any sat, after all you can pick up a decent motor for about £40.
As for a 3-lnb dish centred on Hispasat there are no other sats of any interest near-bye.
Free to air hardcore mature content, may be softcore but then I don't stay up that late nowdays so may be your right.
Why not set your dish up on Hispasat and then you can see for yourself, and if it's not for you, move it back again.
 
thanks,

I've always ruled out the idea of a motor because of concerns it would be audibly annoying to other residents.
(I live on the ground floor in a 2 storey flat complex and my dish is sited on a pole (6 foot ?) although adjacent to other people's flats)

I think I'll enquire with the original installer how much they would charge to bung a second dish (80 cm ?) onto the existing pole, pointed at hispasat. I'll also need to check that the current external diseqc switch can work with it.
ie I don't know if it has more ports than the 3 I currently use.
(feeding one receiver down a single coax run)
 
i pick up hispa on a 40cm portable works great.. super on 1mtr though
 
Back
Top