HMSAT CRAP, 7020 Tiggy blows transformer (again)

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
7020 Tiggy blows transformer (again) ({})

After having the 7020 box returned from HMSAT germany after initially having the box for all of a week before before it blew, I have now had it for a total of 7 days before it blew again.

You could say that I am bloody pissed off as the box has spent more time with UPS than it has with me, come to think of it the manufacturers have had it longer than I have.
It would seem to me that since spending my money with HMSAT (Germany) the box that I have paid for has spent time as such
50% IN TRANSIT
40% IN REPAIR
10% IN USE

Maybe this is just a one-off but I would advise you to err on the side of caution if wishing/thinking to buy from HMSAT.

Regards Tiggy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry to hear about that Tiggy, but is it the fault of HM-Sat, or Dream Multimedia and a design glitch with the 7020?

Have to say that my 7000 has been as good as gold, may be worth writing to Dream and asking them for some comments on your problems.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Who pays for the shipping costs?

Am I wrong when I think I also recall an initial cost of about 20 Euros when sending something back to them?!?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I found HM-Sat very easy to deal with, and have to say that it seems more likely to be the box design?!?

I always like to wait until 'Rev 2.0' before buying electronics from smaller companies if at all possible.

I wouldn't touch the 7020 with a sh!tty stick until all the bugs are ironed out.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The carriage charges are always going to be a problem when buying from a different country, one of the factors which was put to me by the UK distributor. I did however work out that I would have to send it back more than three times to make buying from overseas more expensive.

lone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorised dish
DB 7020 receiver
Gemini 4.oo image
My Location
midlands
I have had the dreambox for over 3 months now, and only have 1 gripe about it.
the threshold is set around 63% before it locks on. To get the best out of it i have fitted a 0.3db lnb, this pulls the signal up to 66 so i can get nilesat. apart from that i have no problems, and am very pleased with its performance.
regards lone

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Sorry to hear about your problems Tiggy, Hope you get sorted again. Maybe its a one off box. Will keep an eye for out for other problems relating to the 7020 and maybe you could list them in your section for others to see Just in case they want to upgrade.

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Have been on to HMsat again today and they will not cover the cost of postage back to them. 2x 23€ postage = 10% on top of purchase price.

I have also reported to DREAM Multimedia and are awaiting their response.

Have also been on to VISA to see if I can cancel order/get money back as the unit is not fit for its purpose (Just under 3 months) so will wait for their reply also.

Its a good job that the via2/gold card is working on my very very very old Humax F1-VACI5300.

Still suns also shining here (North of Bordeaux) and the wifes happy that the Gardening is getting done!!!

Hmm

Thanks all,
Tiggy

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Ahh well. At least you can feel virtuous!!!!

Sounds like a nightmare, but at least they're still co-operating... :(