Home made diseqc positioner

yes , very simple , but too simple !!
useful for initial instalation ....
but do you store something ?

in my case i want to build an "ASC1 upgraded" or an rc2000 cheaper !
PS: i still have 2 posi ready to sell .
 
yes , very simple , but too simple !!
useful for initial instalation ....
but do you store something ?

in my case i want to build an "ASC1 upgraded" or an rc2000 cheaper !
PS: i still have 2 posi ready to sell .
ok my firiend , it can store 60 position , and command Drive West , Drive East , Stop , Store and gotoXX command.
the PIC12F675 Config :

May be it works with PIC12F629 , but I have not tested yet,
 

Attachments

  • config.webp
    config.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
V1.09 Firmware and Altium file of 12F675 DiseqC1.2 Dish Positioner.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
And new schematic and PCB modification. Add R14 and R15 2x47K Resistor in DiseqC inputs of PIC12F675.
THE C6 470nF/100V is very important and cancel the motor driving noise.
 

Attachments

  • Altium 675.zip
    Altium 675.zip
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • pos12F675_V1.09.zip
    pos12F675_V1.09.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 4
  • POS675_FEB2013_V1.2.webp
    POS675_FEB2013_V1.2.webp
    137.8 KB · Views: 45
  • POS675_FEB2013_V1.2_SCH.webp
    POS675_FEB2013_V1.2_SCH.webp
    161.4 KB · Views: 55
pcb s are build in china , but i ordered five boards recently if you are able to build one i can sell it one for you !
 
That be great . im skill soldering pcb so that no problem for me . ill buy the what boards put it together. i just need the BOM list so i can order parts online . seam like i don't have option to p.m. you being im new member.
 
Our friend Andrea, to whom I supplied a JPC-POSI, had a nasty surprise: his POSI no longer lights up!
It could be a small problem like a blown fuse, or a blown on/off switch.
If the switching power supply receives 220VAC, then it should have 36VDC at its output; otherwise, the power supply is faulty.
He lives near Vezzano Ligure (italia).
If anyone can meet him to run some quick tests, it would save him shipping costs!
Of course, without a local solution, I can help him out without any problems.
You can contact him by PM or mail at yoghy67@yahoo.it
Thanks.
 
Our friend Andrea, to whom I supplied a JPC-POSI, had a nasty surprise: his POSI no longer lights up!
It could be a small problem like a blown fuse, or a blown on/off switch.
If the switching power supply receives 220VAC, then it should have 36VDC at its output; otherwise, the power supply is faulty.
He lives near Vezzano Ligure (italia).
If anyone can meet him to run some quick tests, it would save him shipping costs!
Of course, without a local solution, I can help him out without any problems.
You can contact him by PM or mail at yoghy67@yahoo.it
Thanks.
I already contacted Andrea in PM and gave him the link where to find a new power supply in case he is the possible cause of the problem
 
pcb s are build in china , but i ordered five boards recently if you are able to build one i can sell it one for you !
just wondering if got a set boards? im interested in buying a set from you. they can be unpopulated. i have all parts for soldering already. you can get hold me at nate_ironduke at msn dot com
 
Hi Dreambox1959 !! Trust is building for me a system to adjust the skew with a servo motor for lnb inverto black ultra single HGLN old model. I have already a system to adjust the skew with a servo for a lnb Titanium in C band with polar pipe. How can control all two servos motor with your posi ? I have to use another cable but I don’t know how to control them, record the values ecc…
 
maybe i can draw an interface card (especialy for motor power supply).
you can connect together the two command wires of the two motor (C and KU)
the two motor are turning and i had made a special software with 4 values of polarity : H/V and L/R for each sat position .
try to connect two motors together : + to + - to - pulse to pulse , see if power is enought !
you can also use a small tranformer AC/DC 220v to 5Vdc for powering this set.
 
Thank you Dreambox1959 when Trust send me the new skew adj system for KU black ultra I try to connect the two servo motors together and I check if the power is enough and we decide if is it necessary a new interface card. I’ll send you a video.

I have a question. For example if I drive from your posi the polarity H/V and L/R for adjust the skew of Titanium C band lnb only this lnb have to move (for satellite that have both C and KU band) not together. This activity is done by a modification of posi software, isn’t it?
 
yes , very simple , but too simple !!
useful for initial instalation ....
but do you store something ?

in my case i want to build an "ASC1 upgraded" or an rc2000 cheaper !
PS: i still have 2 posi ready to sell .
Hi
How can I contact you for posi information? I can't send a PM.
 
Hi Captain
i have build your positioner it has run for the first time !!
View attachment 135568

some views
Hi JP, does my positioner have LNB skew control for servo motors? There's a cinch connector on the back but not sure what it is. In the menus I have settings for H and V with angles but not sure where I would connect the motor.
 
i had build this posi a long time ago , so at this time i use a very simple rear face .
i dont connect +5V to external plug .
give me some pictures of the rear side .
maybe i can create an upgrade for the earlier model !!
 
Yes here's the back of my positioner
I am currently not using the LNB rotator function and I am using it to power the multiplexer switch at the dish end.
20250709_194900.webp
 
i can give you a new rear face with new connectors , but you have to wait a few because i ordered some printed boards for
this !
you said that you use lnb changer output for a switch , do you use command diseqc for drive it (1 to 16 ) ?
 
No, the switch is for quad band LNBs, so it's purely for voltage supply. And 18v is just perfect for it!
 
Back
Top