Home made diseqc positioner

Do anybody know how many pulse/° has the Techni-Rotor for the LNB-Revolver?
Also helpful the value of 0° position.

It's should be possible to make a "handmade" *.asm file

@Captain Jack
The lettering is not very stable.
I had to realize that when I had to enlarge the cut-out for the display.

A cheap version would be to print a foil and stick or screw it on.
It would be better to burn it off with a laser or possibly have it milled.
In any case, I was positively surprised by the price of ~400 €
 
I have created a set of software to allow you to create your personal positioner data file:
-the Dialx.exe program can read (and write) the eeprom and generate a txt file with the list of positions and an .ASM file that can be modified with a text editor (notepad ++) and recompiled for have the .HEX or .BIN file
-under W7 you can use the ASMB2 batch, under W10 assembler.exe.
-Dial6d is for recovering old versions (200 positions). - there are two sample files: sat1free (137 names 1 per c/ku/ka band) and sat2free (86 names 1 per known position), created from satellites.xml creator.
-there are 2 things to respect: 18 characters per satellite name, 8 per lnb name or input.

 

Attachments

  • w10c.webp
    w10c.webp
    225.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
for FEMI
A cheap version would be to print a sheet and glue or screw it. It would be better to laser burn it or possibly have it milled.
Anyway, I was positively surprised by the price of ~€400


I had "cheap" versions made, 1.6mm thick, the lettering was fragile, while the "expensive" versions from schaffer seemed very good to me.
1 aluminum front face 2 or 3mm 80 euros per unit in Germany
5 identical faces in 1.6mm 25 euros for the 5.

on left model from schaeffer , on right from china (cheaper but 2 faces bad on 5)
 

Attachments

  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    539.6 KB · Views: 40
  • favpb.webp
    favpb.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 48
en
After processing, the cut-out for the display looked very similar to the Chinese one.

Laser lettering - If next winter gets really boring, at least I know which toy I need.

Something was displayed to me in both devices, e.g. the LNB turret settings were also taken over, but reading was only possible on one device, I have to try that again.

I have now edited the file that was read.
After assuming that satellite positions can be mapped to an LNB
Example Eutelsat 36E:
2 satellite entries, same geographic position but different LNBs

de
Die Aussparung für das Display sah nach der Bearbeitung dem chinesischen sehr ähnlich.

Laserbeschriftung - Sollte der nächste Winter recht langweilig werden, weiß ich wenigstens welches Spielzeug ich brauche.

In beiden Geräten wurde mir zwar etwas angezeigt, auch z.B. die LNB-Revolver Einstellungen übernommen, aber auslesen ging nur auf einen Gerät, das muss ich nochmals versuchen.

Die ausgelesene Datei habe ich inzwischen editiert.
Nachdem ich annehme, dass Satellitenpositionen einen LNB zugeordnet sein können
Beispiel Eutelsat 36E:
2 Satelliteneinträge, gleiche geografische Position, aber unterschiedliche LNBs
 
Just tested , from 70º E till 70º W 4394 pulses
:-ohmy I found 32 x 8 steps = 256 from 0 - 70°, that's 3,657/°
4394 / 140 = 31,386/°
... a little confused again
 
For Usals modifing 36 V H2H rotors with circuitboards of Moteck SG2100 disecq motors , I have to make pulswheels that provide ±38p/º
I'm counting pulses directly at the hall sensor .

@femi , you mentioned "steps" what do you mean by that ?
 
For Usals modifing 36 V H2H rotors with circuitboards of Moteck SG2100 disecq motors , I have to make pulswheels that provide ±38p/º
I'm counting pulses directly at the hall sensor .

@femi , you mentioned "steps" what do you mean by that ?
If I connect the JP-Positioner with the Technirotor, there are two possibilities.
Turn continous or 8 steps. I need 32 from this 8 steps to turn the rotor from 0 to 70°.
Purely out of thirst for knowledge where is the connection here?
 
diseqc 1.2 motors certainly do not have the same number of pulses depending on the brand.
I used the diseqc command 68 and 69 where it is possible to set the number of steps (it can be from 1 to 127, I chose 8 I can change it!).
in my program I planned that the LNB number be assigned to the 16 positions of the hard rotor (from 1 to 16) (0 = due south) but everything is configurable at the rotor level.
the LNB changer can be configured with the jpcposi or a receiver provided that the first 16 positions are assigned.
 

Attachments

hi @Trust.
please, what is your set-up to count pulses ?
Thank you.
On the picture a GDD 7949 AT counter 12 v battery powered .
Minus of that batt. connected to GND at the diseqc motor circuitboard .
Counter IN connected to HS at the motorconnector at the diseqc motor circuitboard .
 
I made big improvements in my sat data management program: you can create a .CSV file (management with excel) and then reload it. great facility to make changes of names, classification etc....
you can also change parameters directly on the dialposi screen, for small modifications.
I will put on an upload site the kit of files.
 

Attachments

  • dial7e.webp
    dial7e.webp
    136.7 KB · Views: 42
I made big improvements in my sat data management program: you can create a .CSV file (management with excel) and then reload it. great facility to make changes of names, classification etc....
:Y :Y

Also offers the possibility to add USALS-like calculations for actuators, using Excel or Calc, and copy the results easily to the .csv.

(I've always been a fan of spreadsheet calculations for satellites and dishes; as spreadsheets I know, other calculation languages I don't know.)

greetz,
A33
 
Thank you it keeps getting better :-applause

Since the program also runs under Linux (Debian), it wouldn't be bad if the interface (/dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1, ...) was also recognized, would that be possible?

(Screenshot from my Debiandesktop)
Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-06-08 12-34-07.webp
 
i have written my software with DELPHI , i have two version 10.2 (only W32 W64) and 10.4.2 (maybe ok with linux ?)
I'm not very experienced on linux!
i have to study ..

 
it s normal : this program is compiled for Windows ! for linux i have to change the way i open comport and re compile it for linux .
until i test new version (linux) use it with windows .
 
I was able to give several people the benefit of my personal diseqc positioner.
I only have 4 sets of printed circuits and various components left.
are some people interested in getting a positioner?
it is a device that can only interest people like us: passionate about satellites and with large satellite dishes.
Hi can you give me a cost price for a set of printed circuit boards and compoenits.
Many thanks.
George
 
Back
Top