Home set up - Help!

colincfc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hanspree HD.TV + Wharfdale DVD recorder + Digihome PVR + Virgin media + Phillips home cinema
My Location
Essex, England
:confused
Hi,
I have an HD TV with 2 x HDMI, 2 Scarts, 1 x S-Video, 1 x component video. I want to connect to it the following:- PVR 2 x scart(with freeview), + DVD-recorder 2 x scart 1 x HDMI, Home Cinema system 1 x scart, Virgin Media box(telewest) 2 x Scart. Everything was working, but, I have done something; and cannot work out what! I used to be able to record on the dvd from the virgin box but no longer can. Any help with configuring this system would be fantastic.

Cheers.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I find it's best to do a quick drawing of all your boxes and the TV and then add the cables to the drawing depending on what you want to do.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
colincfc said:
:confused
Hi,
I have an HD TV with 2 x HDMI, 2 Scarts, 1 x S-Video, 1 x component video. I want to connect to it the following:- PVR 2 x scart(with freeview), + DVD-recorder 2 x scart 1 x HDMI, Home Cinema system 1 x scart, Virgin Media box(telewest) 2 x Scart. Everything was working, but, I have done something; and cannot work out what! I used to be able to record on the dvd from the virgin box but no longer can. Any help with configuring this system would be fantastic.

Cheers.

Assuming that the cables are not faulty, or that the Scarts don't have a switch to select input/output and if they do then they are selected correctly.
Check the cable connection between the DVD recorder and the Virgin box and note it's AV name or number.
On the DVD, select the AV number corresponding to this connection and on the TV select the appropriate AV number or name that the DVD out cable connects to the TV.
Hope that this helps. :)