Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Honda will close the F1 team in a month if no buyer is found.

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7766092.stm

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I can't see any buyers, unless Abramovich wants a race car set as well...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
No wonder they were holding back on the driver line-up for next year, It is going to be a very small grid next year.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yeah - looks like it will be 18 cars - and I wouldnt be surprised if one of the small teams folds over the winter with the recession starting to kick in.

"This has serious implications for F1, not just because there will be only 18 cars on the grid," said Croft.

"It's the start of the sport as a whole feeling the pinch. Williams are reported to be in financial difficulties, Toyota are trimming down their budget as well.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
Yeah - looks like it will be 18 cars - and I wouldnt be surprised if one of the small teams folds over the winter with the recession starting to kick in.

I'm going for two more going tits up unless Bernie buys one of them out, well it is only fair, the sport has made him one of the richest around so he should put something back into it, although having said that he probably only has half a fortune now as his other half has ermm gone elsewhere:eek:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
So, if Honda disbands the team, does that mean that the Honda F1 holdup banner I have stuffed away in a box would be worth something someday? :cool:

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
If anyone else goes, surely Toyota would be the next to pull the plug. Last year they spent more than anyone else! Apparently if another team hits the wall before the season starts, the remaining teams might be forced to field 3 cars each.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Topper said:
unless Bernie buys one of them out, well it is only fair

So when did he do 'Fair'.

If the world economy doesn't pick up I think F1 could be suspended for a year...

As far as I know Mercedes are piled up in the US and discounts up to $30,000 are being offered - so Lewis's jacket may be on a shaky peg...

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
gameboy said:
So when did he do 'Fair'.

If the world economy doesn't pick up I think F1 could be suspended for a year...

As far as I know Mercedes are piled up in the US and discounts up to $30,000 are being offered - so Lewis's jacket may be on a shaky peg...

There will always be F1, although whether it exists in its present form is another matter.

I knew the American car makers were in serious debt, only yesterday were they begging the US government for bail-outs, but I wonder how indebted European manufacturers are?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
European manufactures, and far east, rely on the US for sales.

I agree F1 will survive, it is sponsored by a lot of companies that are suffering...

Only the oil companies are doing OK...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
gameboy said:
Only the oil companies are doing OK...

and the politicians ;)