Horizon Meter Readings.....?

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25, stab hh120,, vu+solo, tm5402hd, amiko micro hd, sky + hd full sub inc setanta..
My Location
Essex Uk
Hi all, still quite new to this but hope its not too much of a stupid question..

Hope you all had a great xmas etc. Just got hold of a secondhand horizon hdsm usb, which seems excellent apart from one thing that i'm not sure on.

Had a muck around with a zone 2 sky dish and found the readings a bit confusing on the meter. For instance on hotbird i was only getting a quality reading of say 40% but my receiver was showing it to be around 80% mark. However on astra 2 the meter reading was quite a bit higher but still not as high as what it said on the receiver....is this normal???

Any help would be appreciated...

Blackers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well first things first, satellite receivers only give very approximate strength and quality readings, but also they measure specific transponder frequencies. Your meter will have certain transponder frequencies and polarities listed for each satellite and these may vary in strength and quality from the ones on the receivers.

If you adjust the dish to peak on the Horizon, it should normally improve the figures on the receivers.

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25, stab hh120,, vu+solo, tm5402hd, amiko micro hd, sky + hd full sub inc setanta..
My Location
Essex Uk
Thanks Rolfw,