Horror channel was the worst horror in itself!

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Hey, when I had a motorised sat dish (before the council insisted I take it down), I could get Astra 28 degrees east.

On that was this crappy horror channel, aptly called The Horror Channel. It was about as scary as Blue Peter...come to think of it, their presenters are a bit goulish! :D

Anyway, I was expecting stuff like The Raven, The Omen, Race With the Devil, quality zombie and vampire films.

Instead, we got a diet of about six "films" per week, repeated about 20 times per week, which weren't even "B" movies - these were ""Z" movies. Who made these "films"? More to the point, can we actually call them "film"? They just existed. :D Nothing more.:D

I don't know where the so-called Horror Channel got its schedule from, but it clearly must have been from a skip. Some loony's manic Betamax collection thrown away. :rolleyes:

My point is, is this channel still going? Because it was total crap.:D

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Yes the channel is still going and is FTA, it shows mainly cult horror movies which are more funny than horror and lots of naked women !!!! Always worth a check late at night, the other week they had Leprechaun on and tonight it's Leprechaun 2.
_http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
One of my all time fav's is 'SantaClaus versus the Martians' closely followed by 'Killer Clowns from outer space'.

Not much stuff of that 50's/60's B/W quality around these days, BUT for 70's 80's nonsense get round to 30W and get Canal18 from an open cable package in Nagra.

Horror from 06:00 BST to 23:00 BST then a few hours of H/C stuff.

http://www.canal18.tv/

Enjoy

L.:)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Horror channel got off to a great start, and at first showed some fine stuff like Dementia 13, Plan 9, etc, but has now settled down to mainly rubbish! The best it now manages is an occasional (poor) Roger Corman.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
spiney said:
Horror channel got off to a great start, and at first showed some fine stuff like Dementia 13, Plan 9, etc, but has now settled down to mainly rubbish! The best it now manages is an occasional (poor) Roger Corman.

Some people might say "Plan Nine From Outer Space" was rubbish, but I know what you mean. That is a rarity that a film soooo bad, can be quality! ;) :-rofl2

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Officially, Plan 9 is supposedly "the worst movie ever made" (in Hollywood!). It first became world famous via the Golden Turkey awards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Turkey_Award .

Some other Ed Wood films are also "interesting" in the same sense, although later he turned to just very straighforward soft mature content (sadly!).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood,_Jr.

My personal fave silly horror movie isn't an Ed Wood at all, but The Brain From Planet Auros, where clumsy brains dangling on strings keep bumping into things .....

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Anyway, have just looked again at Horror Channel (now renamed Zone Horror) schedule, and entirely agree with Saturlight, there's now nothing on it worth watching!

Even Corman's The Terror and Bucket of Blood now seem to have disappeared, and what's left is complete and utter crap. Not even the occasional Jean Rollin vampire film, late Saturday night!

(added) Meanwhile, FIlm4 keep previwing a clip from This Island Earth, so hopefully they'll be showing the actual film ....

www.cinemacom.com/DVD/this-island-earth.html

www.fantascienza.com/cinema/cittadino-dello-spazio/index.html (some pix, video clips).

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
However, I did tune into Horror channel last night, and very unexpectedly just caught the end of Argento's Trauma
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104053/ .

Then, there's Hellraiser tonight (not brilliant, but not bad!).

Despite which, after looking at their listings, anything worth watching - ie, actual real horror films! - still seems very sparse.

Having said that, there's Legends of the Witches on Movies for Men, is it tonight or tomorrow night? Famous, but now has only "curiosity value"!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488757/ .

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
spiney said:
(added) Meanwhile, FIlm4 keep previewing a clip from This Island Earth, so hopefully they'll be showing the actual film ....

Spiney, mate, I think you and I have the same fetish for This Island Earth. I cannot get that brunette outta me head, either. Not the aliens, the babe.:D

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Saturlight - do you have a patchable reciever at the moment ?? (not in your profile)

L.:)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands