HOT BIRD 13° E 1- 5 and 6 8 9 ?

fishtalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtreme XSC-520H With 2 parbols I Astra 2 Hotbird
My Location
Barcelona Spain
I have my reciever set up to H/B 1-5 Recently I've tried to get channels on H/B 6 8 9...the Freq's are there (ie. 11 240 V) but when I scan manualy I dont get the channels in looking for... Do I have to change something in the SAT reciever set up to recieve H/B 6 8 9 ? And if so, HOW... thanks in advance

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hotbirds 1 - 5 have all been withdrawn from 13E. The operational satellites at 13E are now 6, 8 & 9.

Most of the channels ust did a straight switch, there were only one or two minor frequency changes.

If you arent getting the channels you expect then the dish is pointing at the wrong satellite (easily done)

Give us half a dozen of the channels you are seeing and we will tell you where you are pointing

fishtalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barcelona Spain
BBC World
Arté
CNBC Europe
TV5 monde
TV5 Europe
Euronews
Direct 8
NRJ Paris
CNN international

ps. i live in Barcelona and my Dish is about 60Cm

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You have your dish aligned on 19E :)

Slew it southwards a little (4-5 cm should put you in the right general location), and raise the lnb a couple of mm. I recommend you mark all the dish pivots and masts with pencil before you start so if you get hopelessly lost you can find the starting place again.

fishtalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barcelona Spain
Analoguesat said:
You have your dish aligned on 19E :)

Slew it southwards a little (4-5 cm should put you in the right general location), and raise the lnb a couple of mm. I recommend you mark all the dish pivots and masts with pencil before you start so if you get hopelessly lost you can find the starting place again.

Thanks But I dont think so... i have my other dish on ASTRA to be able to pick up Canal+ which doesnt excist on HOTBIRD anymore.
On my reciever it definity says HOTBIRD 1-5 on the Hotbird dish and on the ASTRA Dish it says ASTRA 1.. Alot of the cannels are doubled up on both Astra and hotbird.Could it be that the Hotbird dish is too small to pick up 6 8 9 ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just had another check - we need some more channels - all the channels you list are carried on both 19E & 13E! :D

Your dish is plenty big enough for both Astra 19E and Hotbird 13E

fishtalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barcelona Spain
Analoguesat said:
Just had another check - we need some more channels - all the channels you list are carried on both 19E & 13E! :D

Your dish is plenty big enough for both Astra 19E and Hotbird 13E

Ok thanks for your pactience.....
4funTV
All Music.
RTBF SAT ( which is on the same Freq as the stuff I cant get 11.240 V)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
4fun is a Polish channel and is carried only on 13E. So that identifies nicely that you are indeed aligned onto 13E. :)

OK thats that solved - no to find out why you arent getting al the channels

Have a look at this list:

_http://www.flysat.com/hotbird.php

and see if your receiver has all the active frequencies on it, if not you will need to add it.

fishtalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barcelona Spain
Right I DID post a reply but apparently it didn't get through Big brother for some reason.
Anyway the stuff I'm looking for is La Une, La Deux and Disney Channel which according to King of Sat are un coded for the moment.
The are on the same Freq as RTBF SAT which I do have... so maybe K of S are wrong.... but I cant even get these channels coded.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your reply got moderated for some reason.... I can see it as I have extra rights, and I cant see any obvious reason why it got trapped!

I think I know exactly what the problem is - the Belgian channel you want are transmitted in mpeg4 (basically HD) so normal receivers dont see them as SD boxes work in mpeg2.

fishtalk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Barcelona Spain
Yes you're probaly right... My reciever is an Xtreame something or other that a friend gave to me 'cos he'd bought a new one so I suppose its alreday "out dated" Anyway I've discoverd that TCM, Boomerang and catroon network are de-coded for the moment... lets hope it stays that way, at least untill my kid gets back from school... but I doubt it !!!
Once again thanks for your help mate.