Hotbird? and accessories?

F

furman

Hi,
I want to watch some of the hotbird channels through my digi box, I can currently do this but the picture quality is very poor. I broke my lnb holder and I have now taped it up but it is dodgy. I searched through the satdeals store but they only have a 6' lnb holder. Where can I find a lnb holder for round arms? Also I am looking for an A/B switcher, where can I find one? I have the one that satdeals sell, it is not very good :(

Thanks
Fur

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Are you using one dish or two? if you are using one dish,what is the size,and what satellite are you pointing at,with two lnbs on one dish i think a 15 degree arm is much to far to extend,and still get a reliable signal.If its just a lnb holder you need for the eutelsat dish,try your local boot sale,probably you can buy a complete analogue system with dish for a fiver,and just keep the lnb holder Best of luck...Brian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-Nov-01 AT 09:02 PM (GMT)]Try this company Fur, ( CPC tel. 01772 654455 or fax. 01772 654466) or request via sales@cpc.co.uk . They do not have an online catalogue, but they can send you one by post. I presume that you're using a 60cm dish, so an LMB holder for a circular boom should be readily available. You may need to make sure that it is identical to the old one though, I actually Araldited one in to a holder because i couldn't find an exact match.

If you're looking to receive both Sats on one dish you will have problems, you will have to have Hotbird as the Primary focus and 28.2 as the secondary. That would necessitate having at least an 80cm and preferably a 1 metre. There are 15 degree brackets available, but they are not very popular.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not absolutely relevant to this forum post but nevertheless

Two of my clients have found when using the digibox to receive channels outside Astra 2

1) The digibox - Pace - will erase the 'other channel' list once about twenty or so channels have been programmed into it - a real pain returning to retune

2) the digibox - panasonic - will not receive packages such as 12.149 V or 11.919 V even though these are within the receive parameters

3) Both have found that The later firmware introduced by Sky, will not allow you to enter the 'add frequency' direct from the main menu, but will not tune into the channels. only accessing the add new chanels via the Installer menu and waiting for the signal strength meter to lock in with the new PID parameters will work

Why not buy a much more suitable box, since its only free to air you will be getting, Palcom do a superb unit for under £150

F

furman

Thanks for your hel, you can tell that I am a noob, I forgot to mention the dish sizr. I have a spare 60cm dish pointed to Hotbird and the SkyD original dish to 28.2, both connected to a manual a/b switch box.

I have another dish but it has a different arm thing :(

Fur