Hotbird and PC Satellite card

freeloader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC with Sat card
My Location
England
I have a dish pointing at 13" E Hotbird and a Satellite TV card in my PC, I currently have ProgDVB and MyTheatre running and getting the free channels. reading through this website and other I think I should be able to get some of the encrypted channels but I havnt got a clue where to start or if the programs I have can even do it.

What do I need and where should I start? What channel should I expect to be able to get for hotbird? are there any websites that have complete details about how to do this?

Thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum freeloader

The idea of a self help forum is that people put together a collection of bits of information for others to read and learn about, why don't you jump to the approriate section and read it for yourself, whilst people are willing to help out when someone has a genuine problem reading about first principles is up to you, everyone on here is a volunteer and nobody has the time to teach every single member how to do things. Click here for the appropriate forum

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar2 receiver, 88cm Triax dish, Moteck 2100A motor, Vista MCE x86 (1TB), Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, lots of X10 etc
My Location
Hull, UK
You need a copy of s2-emu and/or vplug, both obtainable from many sites, but I use this one:
_http://www.dvbskystar.com/

Put the files in the ProgDVB dir (or plugins sub-directory) and then you just need to keep your softcam.key file updated (available via the same link above).

You should be able to decode the Multivision channels, Private Spice and a few others.

As Topper said, you'll learn loads by reading old threads in these forums.