Hotbird at 10am

Leawzkd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MVISON FCIS 9085 Usb Combo Conax and 55cm dish
My Location
UK Manchester
hi , someone said to me ages ago that if u point ur dish at the sun at 10am in the morning you will get hotbird 13e easily.

is this true or not and how easy is it to get hotbird.

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Leawzkd said:
is this true or not and how easy is it to get hotbird.

:-Welcome1

It's not quite that easy. You will have to set the dish elevation and direction within a degree or two to get the signal.

If you have a friend who can watch the TV and you have set your receiver on a free-to-air channel on Hotbird.

You can use a walkie-talkie or mobile phone to them while you adjust the dish.

Hotbird satellites are some of the high power satellite so they are easier to find than others.

The dish face should be almost vertical (if you are using the normal offset dish).

Or you could buy a cheap satellite meter - that will make the job so much easier.

Let us know how you get on.

Leawzkd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK Manchester
nice one ,gameboy thanks

ill try it tomorrow if i have the time , and ill tell you how i got on

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Leawzkd said:
if u point ur dish at the sun at 10am in the morning you will get hotbird 13e easily.

Is that British summer or standard time.
:rolleyes:

Leawzkd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK Manchester
British summer time , why do you ask ?

J

Jeff_19341

Looking at the whole thing logically. The earth rotates once ever 24 hours covering 360 degrees.Hence each hour it rotates 15 degrees or 1 degree of rotation every 4 minutes in time.
Sun is at zenith at 12noon GMT (at present 1pm BST) if you are on the zero meridian.
13east would therefore be 4 X 13 = 52minutes (time) before 12 noon GMT or 11.08am GMT or 12.08pm BST.

"It's an area of the sky for you to start from", do not forget that the sun (at present) is higher in the sky than the satellite. As you are a few degrees further west the time will be later than that above.

BTW at 10am BST the sun is at 45 east you might get some horse racing from South Africa on that sat, but perhaps not with your dish:-doh! .

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Leawzkd said:
British summer time , why do you ask ?

For British summer time the clocks go forward one hour, so it is really 9o/clock not 10 o/clock.