Hotbird in Tenerife

davecabezo

Regular Member
Hi M8s,
I live in Tenrife and Hotbird (Multivision) keeps breaking up, especially during the evening. I made a few enquiries and to increase my dish from 1Mtr to 1.2 would cost me about 120Euros.
I was wondering if perhaps a higher gain LNB might be a cheaper option.

Has anyone any favourite LNB or any idea as to which one would solve my problem.

Regards,

Dave
 
Whilst a better lnb may give you a slight improvement theres nothing better than extra metal to actually collect more signal.
 
1 meter is too less...go for 1.20 or better 1.35 mts.

in tenerife the minimun side must be 1.20 do not expend extra money in the lnb.....the situation will be improved but you will continius getting troubles...

good luck
 
hi dave how are you,
you havent called down the excursion office lately.
no probs at all receiving these channels with 80 cm dish and only 0.6 lnb.
if you do want a 1.2 metre dish mi**errental sell
one ,85 euros for the dish lnb and mounting bracket.
try twisting your lnb one way or the other while on multivisions until you get a good picture.
ps got my visionnet working now.
good luck.
 
Hi guys I've just emigrated to Los Cristianos & looking for some local contacts/suppliers. Fitted a few motorised systems in the UK & have my own Satlook meter etc etc if anyone needs help.
 
Hi, davecabezo, you're in the main Hotbird Ku-band coverage zones.
 
Back
Top