How about Ch4 and 5?

rob_drani

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for reply. One more question: Leaving aside bbc channels, from June onwards, what dish size would I need should I want to get only ch4 and 5 in the rome area? also will I need still a sky digibox and a card or they will be 'free to air'? thanks/Grazie mille

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The channel 4 and 5 situation is not due to change in the imminent future, so yes, you will need a Sky Digibox.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Now that's an interesting question and I must say I've never thought about it before. Why do we even now simply have a chioice of ordeing cards from BBC or from Sky? Why do we talk about "BBC" cards and not "channel4" or "channel5" cards? Is the Beeb taking care of channel4/etc out of the goodness of their hearts? What happens when/if Beeb no longer encrypts? Presumably they'll have no reason to issue cards - so who will?

2old

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
You phone the phone number in the phone number list.)(-red

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Its listed in the listings,i hope you are listening..........Lisa

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
But if in Spain,refrain,to skys distain you'l remain lamely ungainly and remainingly unsustainably the bane of waning reception

L

lisa

the number that is listed on the screen is the one we are all using at the moment and is paid for by the bbc ,I dont think they are going to carry on paying for this once you dont need the card
do you??
now then doctor I think you should go down to the rovers return in torrablanca and have a swift half