How can I activate my Sky Italia card?

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox, Humax, OSN, AD Sports, Al-Jazeera Sports, Star TV and Sky Italia
My Location
Bahrain
Hi guys! This is my first post in this forum. I live in Bahrain and had bought through an online provider a Sky Italia box HD and an official card. I thought the provider had activated the card before shipping it, but ever since I had installed it 2 weeks ago the card has not been activated. I emailed, called and messaged my provider a number of times to bring to his attention that he needs to activate the card, but have not heard from him at all, though we did correspond well during the process of purchasing the equipment.

What should I do? I tried to activate the card via the Sky Italia website but was not able to find the right link to do so. Should I call the Sky Italia center, would they be able to help me? Or is that not recommended? Can somebody guide me on what to do? Baring in mind that I have no clue what information the provider provided when purchasing the card.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to persist with the supplier, phoning Sky Italia will cause problems, as they'll need to know the name and address assigned to the card and I'm sure you don't have that information. Most of these are supplied activated, can you see the card number in the receiver menu?

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
Thanks for the reply, yes I can see the number of the card displayed on the pay-tv channels like Ch. 109 and Fox Retro etc... The screen is showing the card's number and an STB_ID number, the second I have no clue what it means.

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
So, there is no way to go around this without contacting the supplier? I just lost hope of him answering my calls and emails, for a reason uknown.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Where is the supplier based?

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I was told to put channel sky UNO on 109 to activate my card.

The card I received was already active.

who did you buy from ?

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
My card arrived unactivated, but promptly activated once in the reciever. It does seem that not all channels will pass EMM's to the card, Super Calcio HD for example does not seem to. Sky Uno definatley does, so if it's going to activate that's the channel to leave it on.

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
I bought it from an Italian guy who's selling loads of those recievers and cards on ebay.co.uk. I really don't understand this, he sent the reciever and the card what does it take to activate the card? Just a phone call???

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Connect the receiver up, put the card in and stick it on 109. Then leave it over the weekend - its quite possible its just missed a stay alive signal and has temporarily deactivated.

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
I did keep the reciever on on channel 109 for almost two weeks now.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You hadnt said that in any of you previous posts.

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
I thought that was mentioned in my first post :) Anyways my apologies.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
braveheart said:
I thought that was mentioned in my first post :) Anyways my apologies.

Not there now ..................

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
No the seller on eBay will activate the card as you need to let him know what channels you want.

My card was active when I received it and stuck to the letter from $ky detailing to put on sky UNO to switch it on

Email him through eBay or via his email stated in the auction.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
send this guy another e-mail and tell him you and several of your friends will generate negitave feed back on e-bay if the card is not activated.
some times you have to threten italians to get then to move.
ralph
20 years ago i had to threten the mail man to run him over with my VW westfalia if he didn't deliver my mail.
he kept sending it back. it has been smooth ever since.

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
Thank you all for the advice! I will persue him harder and let you know how it goes. I guess I have no other option.

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
Hey guys! Just wished to update you with my Sky Italia dilemma, I emailed my provider an email last Friday morning telling him that if he does not activate my card I along with my friends shall place negative reviews of him on Ebay. Within hours he responded claiming he was away at another city in Italy and that he just gotten back. He then said that he had called the Sky Italia center to activate my card on Friday and that the signal should be sent by Monday.

Come Monday and still nothing has happened bearing in mind that I had kept the receiver on all the time on Channel 109. I emailed him again on Monday and he sent me back a disgruntled email saying that he will email Sky Italia with the issue.

My question is, does it take that long for Sky Italia to activate the card or is he pulling my legs? Up to this day Tuesday evening, the card is not working.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i have seen them activate the sky italia card in min.i was on the phone with them at a american's house and gave them all the info and presto,
the card was activated.
it is good to threten them thats the only thing to set some fire under their buts.
hope you get it resolved.
ralph

braveheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bahrain
Thanks Ralph, will fight on till I get what I paid for!