how can i do it ?

eslam mostafa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat 1500d mkII
My Location
egypt
my receiver starsat 1500d mk II
and i dpwnload a patch for it from satdw.com and i have run the programe of software and put the new software in the receiver . then the flash of my receiver damaged and i can't know how i can fix it . i want to know where i can get the programe that fix the flash and how i do this .

nabas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
supermax ci-6000 plus
hi
i have the same problem right now , my receiver is supermax ci-6000 plus
someone told me i have to make a special connection named Jtag and use a program named Jkey to re-flash my receiver ....that's all i know at the moment
I am not sure if your receiver is designed to undergo with such a connection or program ...you have to seek at this direction.....I have launched an enquiry regarding mine ..and hopefully someone will direct me....wish you luck

system32

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1234..search for more
Hi can anybody tell me for what use is flash file that is available on satsw.com for my receiver SR-X1500 MKII.

aatt1111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Metronic receiver
Sorry guys,but I am relatively new at this. Can you tell me what hardware and communication software is needed to update your receiver, as well as the steps to follow to do this?
Thanks.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
aatt1111 said:
Sorry guys,but I am relatively new at this. Can you tell me what hardware and communication software is needed to update your receiver, as well as the steps to follow to do this?
Thanks.

Depends on what make of receiver you have. As a generalisation they all use some form of comms cable some use null modem cable others not. The cable and a PC or laptop will do the job. The procedure is different as well for each receiver and they all use different software. Of course none of the above applies to Dream Boxes as they are permanently connected to a pc network but are still updated by flashing a new image.

nabas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
supermax ci-6000 plus
Hi aatt1111:
you need 3 elements to upgrade the software:
1- RS232 female-female connector wire to connect the pc to the receiver
2- updating program for your receiver....it should be a special program designed for receiver type .. they are always designed for all receivers of the same company.
3- the updating software that you need to download it by the program mentioned above.

you need to obtain the procedure of using the program to avoid mistakes that cause your receiver to be damaged.
I hope it will help you ....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Unless you:

1)know EXACTLY what you are doing, AND

2) accept if anything goes wrong you will probably ruin a perfectly good receiver

DONT try flashing your pride & joy with new software. There are regular appeals on this forum from folks who now have non operational receivers after botching the flash procedure. Somertimes its easy to recover, often its not.