How can I hook up 3 fixed dishes with 2 receivers?

Martial

Boratland
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI super, Diablo Wireless, cas interface 3, viaccess smit cam,
Fixed Hotbird 13e, Astra UK & Turksat
My Location
London, uk
Hi guys.
I am living in an appartment block and recently the council have installed 3 fixed dishes (turksat, hotbird and sky 28). All 3 dishes are currently hooked up to one receiver with an 8 to 1 technomate splitter via the outlet plate. I have 3 cables running from the plate to the switch and then 1 cable from switch to receiver.
I would like to know if it is possible (if I buy let's say a Zinwell 6 X 8 Multi-Switch) to connect all 3 dishes to two receivers so I can watch and/or record whatever I want on any satellites.
I understand that there are some switches where the LNB's horizontal & vertical cables have to be connected individually but I cannot use that kind of set ups as the installation is a communal one.
Or maybe there is another way to do it?:confused
My 2 receivers for information are a TM5402 and a DM600 PVR.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As a rule you can't split satellite feeds, as you will have conflicts when two receivers try and watch the same satellite with different polarity or band. Having said that, if you wanted to record from one satellite and watch another, then splitting the signal from each feed and adding a second DiSEqC switch would work for most of the time.