Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
They need to get the Space Council bods up there with some loppers.

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
I don't know what the best patch is for your box as I've not been been following any discussion on it, but you can get the unofficial patches from here:
http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/list.php?board=tm7100

You need to unzip the patch file (if it's zipped) and place the .stb file on a USB stick. Plug it into your 7100 and go to the USB data transfer menu and select the new patch file and wait for the receiver to sort itself out.

Before you do that you may want to make a backup of your channel list by selecting "Upload Channel" first. Some also claim you should do a full reset of the box to factory settings before and after a patch but I haven't done that.

Just make sure you get the right patch for your box or else you might destroy the box or at least make it difficult to resurrect without additional kit (eg serial cable and PC with serial port or USB adaptor to force the correct firmware back on). Do this at your own risk!

After the patch is installed, assuming it's got the right code programmed in, you should be able to decode some of the FTV channels on 11.785V (SVT 1&2 regionals), 11.881H (SVTB, SVB24, Kunskapaskanalen), 12.015V (NRK1HD, NRK1, NRK2, NRK3), 11.823V (DR1&2), and 12.476V (TV2 Denmark).

Keep in mind that these channels could be removed at any time. Enjoy while you can.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I do this myself, by connecting my computer with a usb to the technomate box, and do the patching that way??

Also I've looked at that site you sent me, and see there's quite a few patches - which one do I pick????

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
A couple of months ago the main SVT1 and SVT2 channels also stopped working (but the regional versions still work), and now the Danish channels have gone. I wonder how much longer the rest will last. They've been available for several years and it would be a shame to see them all go.

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
A couple of months ago the main SVT1 and SVT2 channels also stopped working (but the regional versions still work), and now the Danish channels have gone. I wonder how much longer the rest will last. They've been available for several years and it would be a shame to see them all go.

So ALL Danish TV is only subscription now then??

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I do this myself, by connecting my computer with a usb to the technomate box, and do the patching that way??

Also I've looked at that site you sent me, and see there's quite a few patches - which one do I pick????

Well only you can do it as you need physical access to the receiver unless you get someone to come over and do it.

You need to make sure of the exact version of your receiver and download the corresponding file with the latest date. If you try to use the wrong file it may break your box...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres no reason why you cant do it yourself, but you must be aware that if the patching goes wrong you will potentially wreck the receiver. It may or may not be recoverable with the right tools....

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
Well only you can do it as you need physical access to the receiver unless you get someone to come over and do it.

You need to make sure of the exact version of your receiver and download the corresponding file with the latest date. If you try to use the wrong file it may break your box...

So how do I know which one is correct???

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
Well my box is the Technomate 7100HD??? Hmmmmm wonder if should try and find someone who can do it for me??? As I can't break the box, as it gives me sooooo much pleasure!!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not connect your receiver, to your computer, using a USB cable, if that's what you mean.
It's even simpler than that, you jsut download the correct patch, which corresponds to your receiver, unzip it, using something like 7-zip, which is free, and copy it to your USB stick.
You then transfer the stick, to your receiver, plug it in, navigate to the file, via the menu, and activet it.
Your profile states you have a TM-7100HD so load the correct phantompatch, for the Technomate 7100HD, this is the last one I found, but there might be a later one, Phantompatch-TM7100HD_24-03-2014-160p

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
Do not connect your receiver, to your computer, using a USB cable, if that's what you mean.
It's even simpler than that, you jsut download the correct patch, which corresponds to your receiver, unzip it, using something like 7-zip, which is free, and copy it to your USB stick.
You then transfer the stick, to your receiver, plug it in, navigate to the file, via the menu, and activet it.
Your profile states you have a TM-7100HD so load the correct phantompatch, for the Technomate 7100HD, this is the last one I found, but there might be a later one, Phantompatch-TM7100HD_24-03-2014-160p

Hey Mickha,
I know this is going to sound stupid, after what you've just written, but can you do me a huge favour???

Could you do an idiots guide - step by step so I can't muck it up???

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You already have an idiots guide - Mickha cant make it much simpler then that. Get the patch, unzip it using your favourite winzip like programme & away you go.

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
Ok brilliant!!!

I've just bought a USB Stick from Amazon, so hope to be doing the business soon!! I'll keep you posted!!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
When you get the USB stick you'll probably have to format it, either using your receiver, or your PC, to FAT 32.

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
When you get the USB stick you'll probably have to format it, either using your receiver, or your PC, to FAT 32.

Hi Mickha,
Just popped the USB stick into my tower,and it said already for use??

So now what do I do?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Assuming it doent have anything on it you want right click on the drive and format to fat 32 (its probably already there but no harm doing it again).

Then unzip the patch and continue as described earlier.

nicolas46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southwell - Notts
Assuming it doent have anything on it you want right click on the drive and format to fat 32 (its probably already there but no harm doing it again).

Then unzip the patch and continue as described earlier.

Well I right clicked and got the following:
Autoplay
Browse Files
eject
Create shortcut
Troubleshoot
Properties

Make any sense??

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
What Operating System are you running on your PC?
Usually you get the format option, just above eject, when you right click on the drive in My Computer.