1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
quite new to the world of satellite tv so i have a question.astra 1 19.2 has seven satellites all at 19.2 how can they be at the same angle highly confused also how does the dish pick up the signal as it is about 40000km up in the air if any body could explaine i would be most gratfull

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The satellites operate in a "box" about 75 miles on a side - this ensures no accidental meetings. They are so far away that they all appear to be co-located in space which is why the dish gets signals off all of them.

The signals sleet down from space and bathe all of Europe in low level microwaves. The dish concentrates the signals sufficiently to allow the pictures carried within them to be resolved.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Should add - the satellites all have their own on board navigation systems to talk to each other along with at least three ground stations able to take over is it looks like something is getting too close.

Only with a dish of 6m or above are you likely to see the spacing between the satellites so as far as most are concerned, they are in the same position.