How far off footprint to receive KU?

patmos

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
STRONG SRT-4910+,SunRay4HDse,TBS5922, 2.4M P.F Apstar7(76.5 DEGE), 120cm dish PAS 10 Ku( 68.5 DEGE),3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11DEGW) to AM33(96.5 DEGE),150 cm dish W3C(16 DeG E)+ side LNB Ew2A(10 DEGE),90cm W4/W7 (36 DEGE)
My Location
Mauritius
How many kilometres out of footprint can one receive Ku signals? I know those from Spain, Cyprus etc receive signals they normally would not have received. But how far from the official footprint and with what dish sizes?
 
hello!
what,satelites,do you want,to reseive?
where you liv e,and how big,is your dish?

low ku band signals,like turkey east beam 42,and old arabsat 2d now badr 25,8
signal in night time is stronger,on day time,its completly gone!

but,its depends,very strong,where you live !?
 
Just want to know this as I plan to receive the south african beam PAS 7 Ku in Mauritius(3.4m prime). Wanted to compare distance to footprint where these things have already been tested though I know no 2 sats will behave similar. I now get PAS 10 ( colocated at 68.5E) on 120 cm dish but no PAS 7 whose beam is away by 500 km. PAS 10 beam may be off by 150 km.
 

Attachments

  • intel7_safr.gif
    intel7_safr.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 36
  • intel10_afreur_2.gif
    intel10_afreur_2.gif
    47.5 KB · Views: 33
You can extrapolate to a degree the power of extreme out of footprint signals, but it is never completely accurate.

I would guess that the signals available to you will be anything aiming at Southern Africa or perhaps the west of India, can't see you picking up anything which is aimed at Europe.
 
hi !
you talking from kuband,of pas 7/Intelsat 10?
where you exatly live,here in europe,there ,is no chance,to get,any signal,from the african beam,in kuband:(
since,sabc,has left europebeam,programm,is gone forever!
 
does anyone know,when pas 7,will be replaced?
this,satelite,is now 5 ,or 7 years in orbit,or maybe longer?

hope,the signal,will then stronger,after the lunch,of the new satelite!
 
Also, as the earth wobbles on its axis, day to night, the beams ebb and flow like the tides. We suffer on Astra in the Balearics with this effect.
 
PAS 7 was launched in 1998. Its probably got 3-5 years left in front line service
 
@ Turok, Patmos lives in Mauritius in the Indian Ocean, not Europe, see his profile details.
 
Hi Patmos
i am from triolet, mauritius and want to receive SABC 1,2 ,3 and ETV? Can u help please. I want to know about the size of dish, decoder (Make) and total approximate cost.
thanks
 
ok Rajeev PM me. I'm not far from you. Be reminded that all u mentioned are encrypted channels.
 
Hi Patmos,

Thanks for your reply

Firstly, I thought that these channels are free to air just like MBC in mauritius. If they are encrypted is there something that can be done to receive these channels.

Secondly, do you have a phone no. so i can contact you.

thanks.
 
Send me a personal message.I'll give u my contact number. i am in Terre Rouge near traffic light. Just look up you'll find me.
 
He cant use pm yet - he doesnt have enough posts & hasnt been on the forum long enough!
 
Ok I understand Anoaloguesat. Rajeev phone me on this number 7777033
 
Back
Top