How ridiculous

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Having taken up a Sky HD offer a few weeks ago I received an offer on Monday this week for two free box office movies. Ok nothing to lose I decided (on Monday) to record two so we could watch them this week. When they were recorded a note against each (in the planner) said they would be deleted at midnight on Sunday. Obviously a copyright protection measure because the 'keep/blue' button was switched off.

Anyway we watched one of the movies on Monday night and when I brought up the planner on Tuesday night that one had been deleted. The note against the other one had been changed to say that the one left to see would be deleted 24 hours after it had been viewed.

So we watched about half of that one that Tuesday night but when we went into the system on Wednesday night it had been deleted. So we missed 50% of the movie.

I spoke to Sky and was told it was "to do with copyright, to stop movies being copied". The agent said, "the trick is to watch the movie in one go". I told him, "NO - the trick is not to order any box office movies in the future so they lose out".

What a stupid way to treat your customers as well as monitoring their viewing habits big-brother style.)(-red

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
jimbo said:
"the trick is to watch the movie in one go". I told him, "NO - the trick is not to order any box office movies in the future so they lose out".

lol that would of been funny..

One question though.. why on earth pay sky for a box thats garenteed a service call or 2 within its first year??

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Here's a good tip, buy a Betamax recorder as they are not affected by Macrovision protection... :D