how to add newcamd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fathe

Reaction score
pls someone out there could educate me on how to install a newcamd .
I have an atlantas hydra image.thnks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
fathe said:
pls someone out there could educate me on how to install a newcamd .
I have an atlantas hydra image.thnks

Why dont you download the latest hydra image. It has newcamd now on the hydra control panel. You can download it at w*w.dreambox.net.au
You will be able to load all you need on the control panel.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
Why dont you download the latest hydra image. It has newcamd now on the hydra control panel. You can download it at w*w.dreambox.net.au
You will be able to load all you need on the control panel.

Can I just add a sentiment that I read on the Dutch DB site, or I think tucked in as a read me file with an image from there. The authors were encouraging punters, i.e. us, to get off our couches and learn how to install the s-cam and key files into the respective directories, rather than install images that have everything built in and where updates come at a push of a button. I think we should all learn what goes where. In another thread, there is that super web page of the Hungarian DB site that gives all the files and directories and encodings for all the soft cams. We should all browse the directories on our DBs, look for the files listed on the web page and then open them with a text reader and read what's in them. It's very instructive. One day, the image you like will not find the web site it needs and you may have to manually install.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
In another thread, there is that super web page of the Hungarian DB site that gives all the files and directories and encodings for all the soft cams.

I did find this site once then lost it again - can you post the address.

It gives a list of all directories and what the contain/do, if I remember.

If I remember it doesn't contain any key or other banned stuff.

If it is suspect can you PM me - thanks.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i agree, although its nice to be able to do it automatically straight from the DB.... it would be adventageous to be able to do it manually.

And to be honest probably safer too, maybe the box wont crash that as much or come out with strange messages about being unable to unpack etc etc...

i would too like more info :)

saxfoon

Reaction score
I agree!!!! I would love to learn more about my Dreambox. As it is, I have to rely on the images with keys already installed. I, in the past, have tried to manually add Newcamd, without success. There is a tutorial on a lot of the forums that give the instructions on how to do it. But when it comes to the part where you have to copy/paste a few commands in by Telnet, for some reason I am unable to paste them. ???? If someone who is a lot smarter than I has a few minutes to walk some of us through, I am sure that we all would appreciate it. And then perhaps we could share our knowledge in the future with someone. Thanx!!

bobwc

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
haggard said:
Can I just add a sentiment that I read on the Dutch DB site, or I think tucked in as a read me file with an image from there. The authors were encouraging punters, i.e. us, to get off our couches and learn how to install the s-cam and key files into the respective directories, rather than install images that have everything built in and where updates come at a push of a button. I think we should all learn what goes where. In another thread, there is that super web page of the Hungarian DB site that gives all the files and directories and encodings for all the soft cams. We should all browse the directories on our DBs, look for the files listed on the web page and then open them with a text reader and read what's in them. It's very instructive. One day, the image you like will not find the web site it needs and you may have to manually install.
Sweet-as. Learn it now, 'cos when those good people have finished spoon feeding everybody, this forum is going to be creaking under the weight of 'I can't find my own butt with both hands and the light on' threads!

BTW, I think the post you refer to is at :-

_http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
BGonaSTICK said:
Sweet-as. Learn it now, 'cos when those good people have finished spoon feeding everybody, this forum is going to be creaking under the weight of 'I can't find my own butt with both hands and the light on' threads!

BTW, I think the post you refer to is at :-

_http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm

Well, I know about this site. You download the Newcam files, then you open up the downloaded file and read the readmefile and the f***** thing don't make sense. It tells you to put stuff somewhere but the files are not in the download, then there are a million files it forgets to mention.

I am pi**ed off. What are you supposed top do with crap like this?? I mean, one is not supposed to be spoonfed everything, but after you copy and telnet all those files without having a clue where to put the bloody things it gets annoying. So if ther eis someone who KNOWS what to do and where to put what, please do me a personal favour and explain to me how to install the bloody cam.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
T_G said:
So if ther eis someone who KNOWS what to do and where to put what, please do me a personal favour and explain to me how to install the bloody cam.

If you pop over to Toecutters you will find some good advice in the DreamBox section.

I agree that it would be great to do it all yourself but the instructions always leave a bit out - possibly to make to do some work.

Trouble is sometimes it doesn't.

If you read all the different forums you will find that if you manually program cards add k*ys you will get extra channels - more effort for greater rewards.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
Well, I know about this site. You download the Newcam files, then you open up the downloaded file and read the readmefile and the f***** thing don't make sense. It tells you to put stuff somewhere but the files are not in the download, then there are a million files it forgets to mention.

I am pi**ed off. What are you supposed top do with crap like this?? I mean, one is not supposed to be spoonfed everything, but after you copy and telnet all those files without having a clue where to put the bloody things it gets annoying. So if ther eis someone who KNOWS what to do and where to put what, please do me a personal favour and explain to me how to install the bloody cam.
Hey T_G, I think all the petrol fumes from the chainsaw have gone to your head!
Either that, or the sawdust O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha

I found the Newcamd team's readme pretty tricky on first reading. After three or four reads, it does make sense though.

Unfortunately, it takes you through from scratch. If you already have an older version loaded, it overwrites some of your existing (correct) setup files with poxy files which are no good for you (... may even be for another platform entirely...).

My advice would be to follow the instructions, but only OVERWRITE executable files and support files, but not CONFIG-type files.

I found a cool script on the Den that explained all the parameters in the config file. Made it easy to do. I went through and re-wrote my own.

The above site is very helpfull in that it tells you where all the spider files etc. go (which the readme does not). As it turns out, I had mine in the wrong place!

And no, I'm not writing it up!

Some releases contain all the files, others just the updated executables.

Let me know if your stuck though, and I'll sort you out on specifics ;) .

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
Hey T_G, I think all the petrol fumes from the chainsaw have gone to your head!
Either that, or the sawdust O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha

I found the Newcamd team's readme pretty tricky on first reading. After three or four reads, it does make sense though.

Unfortunately, it takes you through from scratch. If you already have an older version loaded, it overwrites some of your existing (correct) setup files with poxy files which are no good for you (... may even be for another platform entirely...).

My advice would be to follow the instructions, but only OVERWRITE executable files and support files, but not CONFIG-type files.

I found a cool script on the Den that explained all the parameters in the config file. Made it easy to do. I went through and re-wrote my own.

The above site is very helpfull in that it tells you where all the spider files etc. go (which the readme does not). As it turns out, I had mine in the wrong place!

And no, I'm not writing it up!

Some releases contain all the files, others just the updated executables.

Let me know if your stuck though, and I'll sort you out on specifics ;) .

Good for you, Stick, but you remind me of my fu**ing mother in law.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Now that's really upset me...:(

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, you are a big boy and can handle it.

As this subject keeps popping up every once in a while, I thought I could finish and close this sorry thread with my thoughts about the whole issue. I state clearly that these are my own feelings about this board and not a board policy or whatever. And I don't care if this opposes everyone or everything. I really don't.

The issue is either we show people here how to do stuff without being patronising, idealistic, moralistic or trying to enforce values onto them they might not want or indeed need. If we don't, then the new or less fortunate ones (or those who don't have the brains for rewriting/editing/etc files), will download whatever Image there is that uses a built in download facility. Then we really showed them, didn't we? We made our f**** point and they use automatic installers forever.

This is the reason I have started the Idiot Guide, I can't hear those arguments anymore. I am spending hours of my time searching for stupid things in all sorts of boards who have the same attitude. I am not complaining about the lost time, I do it because I want to. But what for? Am I searching for something that is going to improve mankind? Am I searching for something that improves me as a human being? No, I am searching for a stupid file or program that will make me be able to watch the next football match or Johnny X have a toss in front of some XXX channel. And I can't for the life of me understand why some other poor sod who might not understand English that well needs to go and try to find these answers in some godforsaken Hungarian/German/whatever site if I can tell him where it goes and what to do. Is it my purpose in life to be mysterious about those things? Did it improve his Programming abilities? No, it only wasted exactly the same amount of time or more that I wasted. Am I going to demand a certain level of computing ability or IQ or whatever for being able to watch far away channels on the Dreambox? Is it for the clever ones only??

I want people who come to this board be able to find the answers here, I don't want to send them to toes or shmoes or any other board (unless it is for getting files we are not allowed to post here.)
When newbies ask silly questions that are already covered in a reasonable way, then the answer is clear. But there are things that are not covered, there are things that are really difficult to find out, not everyone has the ability to do the things some of the more advanced members do. Some people don't worry if their Dreambox will go bang, some people don't care if it doesn’t work for weeks, and then there are people who do. They are not confident in changing config files or whatever, and maybe they would if someone showed them how to do it. Afterwards, they may be a bit more daring.

I suppose there are people who get a satisfaction out of spoon feeding their knowledge to people, maybe they crave the recognition and adoration, who knows. I am not saying you are this type of person, all I know is that if I know the answer you can have it. Period. In such a way you can understand it.

I am lucky in that sense as there is a dear chap who has spent hours and hours in endless online sessions with me helping me to get the Dreambox or other sat stuff going. If it wasn’t for him, I’d probably given up on it already, or not even went into it as I don’t understand this complicated sh*t for the life of me. Unfortunately he can’t do this with everyone, so I for my part am trying to return the favour to everyone else who wants/needs it.
I pleases me a lot to see that thousands of hits have registered on the Idiot Guide, and it pleases me that compared to many other boards it reduces the amount of silly questions and lets us tackle the more difficult things. Or just frees up time so we can have a laugh in between the games/programs in the Chitchat section.
I am disappointed though that there haven’t been any contributions to this guide from members who could enlighten us all……

Status
Not open for further replies.