Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
iMac 20".
Custom HTPC.
DM800 HD.
Full Sky HD Irish Package.
My Location
ireland
i have my dyndns set up all fine and can access my dreambox perfectly from outside my network. the only problem is the dreambox webcontrol interface comes up and doesnt ask for a password. i have used the guides here and changed my root password via telnet but the dreambox interface wont ask for a password...

does anybody know how to enable the password??

cheers
adam

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Adam,

Try checking this:
On Dreambox remote press Menu....select Setup....select Expert Setup....scroll down to HTTP Authentication (Webif) and ensure it is Ticked (press OK to Tick/UnTick).

Best wishes, John.

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
hi guys!!!!

right bit of a wierd problem..

i have my 800 connected up to my network, i am using the web interface to change channels etc and have altered the port from 80 to 82 (as it also goes to dyndns.com)

i used to watch (using vlc) on my pc my dreambox on my internal network which was gr8! (this was when the web interface port was '80')

since i changed the web interface port to '82' i can still access everything ok but when i come to stream anything i get an 'unable to connect' problem!

change the port back to 80 and i can stream again!!!!

i am only streaming to my internal pc network not outside!

the reason i have changed port to '82' is i am thinking of getting a slingbox and want to access the webpage to change the channel online! and obv i dont want all my port 80 traffic going to my dreambox!!!!

any ideas guys?

cheers ian

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Could you post the contents of the M3U file you download from the web interface here? Just open it with a text editor.

I also use a different port for my http interface, but it doesn't effect steaming.

Here are the contents of an M3U file I just downloaded......
Code:
http://192.168.1.101:31339/0,ffffffff,ffffffff,33310288,312e3529
As you can see, the dreambox uses port 31339 to stream the video.

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
thanx will do :)

at work atm tho :-ohmy(

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Ian,

Are you saying you will access other devices from outside your house using port 80?

If not, then there is no problem. I use a Slingbox and change channels remotely (at work using 3 mobile internet) using my DM7000 webif. I use port forwarding in my home router to forward 'incoming' port 80 requests to the DM7000. These are the only incoming port 80 requests that I use as I access nothing else remotely using port 80.

When I am at home using a web browser the port 80 traffic is not affected by the port forwarding as these are not incoming requests. When the web browser sends a request it receives its reply as normal and there is no redirection to the DM7000.

So, leave it on port 80, port forward Inbound port 80 traffic (not Outbound) to the Dreambox & it will work fine.

Best wishes, John.

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
Hi,
Can someone clarify this process for me. I have a few friends sharing with me. I have the server on my dm800 and they are clients all at one hop. Now my friends have no idea how to program a dreambox so what I want to be able to do is connect to their dreambox (which sits behind their router) and lets say update CCCAM if required. So if I use for example flashfxp, how can I connect to a dreambox that is behind the router. Now I guess your going to tell me to look at dyndns but I cant understand the association between the private IP address (behind the router) and the public address supplied by dyddns. So be easy on me

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi fitannl,

First the dyndns bit.
The association is made by the user setting up a dyndns account with a chosen dns, which is then associated with their internet IP address. This association has to be kept in step with any internet IP changes so I use my routers dyndns option to maintain this IP to dns link.

Next the user would have to set-up port forwarding in their router for Inbound port 21 (ftp) requests. This must be set to be handled by the Dreambox local IP.

Now, you armed with FlashFXP, their DynDNS and Dreambox password, can ftp into their Dreambox and edit any necessary files.
Note: That with FlashFXP, editing (followed by uploading of the edited file) is possible but this is not necessarily the case with other ftp programs.

Best wishes & good luck, John.

dacha1980

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY STAR 2
DUAL CORE 2200
My Location
Hello. I have one problem with FTP connection beetwen PC and DM500. Until yesterday connection over FTP from PC to my DM500 works fine. Today, I have ERROR and can not establish connection. Only HTTP works. I tried Total Commander, FlashFXP, directly from browser and nothing works at all. What is going on? Any ideas? Ports are opened (like before), all settings are OK in PC, router and DM500 (same as before) but FTP not work.

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @dacha1980,

Sorry if this answer is too simple and obvious but.....have you tried rebooting the DM500S?
The ftp process may have died for some reason and rebooting should restart it.

Assuming you have tried rebooting but without success....then:
As you can HTTP to the box this shows the password has not been changed so that rules out that possibility.
Unless you have changed it, ftp will be on port 21. Check your ftp tools are using this port and the correct password.
Can you still 'telnet' to the box (will also be the same password)?
If so, then at the prompt type:
netstat -a [and press Enter]
Check the output and look for a line like that below:-
tcp 0 0 *:ftp *:* LISTEN
if it is present then the DM500S is correctly listening for ftp connections.

Try the above and let's know how you get on?

Best wishes, John.

dacha1980

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY STAR 2
DUAL CORE 2200
My Location
Thank you so much for reply.

I tried rebooting DM500s before but situtation is the same. No success.

I check user and password which i use with FlashFXP and both are OK. No errors on typing or else.

When I try to connect with DCC I get telnet GREEN (OK) but ftp is RED (NO CONNECTION).

I call ISP to check that port 21 is not forbidden from them but thay say "NO". Port is allowed and everything is OK there.

I type netstat -a in command prompt but there is no ftp in list. I have many TCP (my computers name):(number like 2361 or 8765 or http) but no 21 or ftp? What that meens?

If you have another idea please reply.

Thanksss!

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @dacha1980,

Sorry, I think I have confused you!
I want you to type the 'netstat' command at a Dreambox command prompt while logged-in to your Dreambox through a telnet session.
eg:
root@dreambox:~> netstat -a [Enter]

Also, are you totally unable to get ftp connection to your Dreambox even locally (via your LAN) or is it only remotely (via the Internet), when away from home, that you have the problem?
Unless you are talking of remote access via the Internet, then your ISP cannot block anything on a local ftp connection via your LAN!

Please re-run the 'netstat' command as above, look again for the 'ftp' line and answer the above question. Your answers will help me decide what to try next.

Best wishes, John.

Luke Smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm900
My Location
UK
I have added an entry in the Idiot Guide that deals with controlling the Dreambox from outside your home network. If anyone has a question or remarks/corrections on this subject, please post them here.

Cheers, TG :)

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/803284-post50.html

This appears to be a dead link now. I am not surprised given the age of the post but I would really like to access this information.

Does anyone know if it it has been moved or if there is alternative guidance information? I have tried a Google search but have not found anything as promising as this.