Scottish Borders
Just had a phone call from Sky CS. The conversation went something like this

CS - hello this is Sky CS.
Me - hello
CS - you may be eligible for a special offer
Me - oh thats nice

security details teken

CS - you have the family pack
Me - thats right - Im not in the slightest bit interested in your sports or movies
CS - oh, that was the offer..................

They really dont know what to say then

:-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Brilliant!!! :D

It's even better if you get technical with them, then they really have no clue what to say!!! :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:-lmao Wonder what she would have said if I told here Ive just installed the 4th satellite system in our house (Echostar under the computer monitor)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Analoguesat said:
:-lmao Wonder what she would have said if I told here Ive just installed the 4th satellite system in our house (Echostar under the computer monitor)

Probably "You're not supposed to use non-sky receivers for sky" not realising it's probably not for sky/freesat... :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
To which the reply would have been - well I wouldnt if your receivers werent so limited and basically crap (even though its actually set up for 5E / 13E / 16E & 19E until I get round to running another feed off the Sky dish and putting another A/B switch into the system.)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
What? No DiSEqC switches? or do the A/B switches befor the DiSEqC switches? That's a good one to flummox them... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
4 lnb's to exterior disecq switch. A/B switch to split input to Dreambox and Echostar.

New A/B switch to combine future 28E feed onto both boxes.

Yes I know its messy, but I dont care if it works:D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
New A/B switch to combine future 28E feed onto both boxes.

How you'll manage that I have no idea, good luck.... :-rofl2

I want to get me a DiSEqC switch for me 80cm dish for the 3 LNB's...

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Analoguesat said:

lol haven't you got enough to play with already

so you have numver 6 dish in the garden now ?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Nah, put them off like this:

Lady at Sky: Hello, is that Mr Saturlight?

Saturlight: Yes. Speaking.

Lady at Sky: Oh, I'm from Sky TV, do you know you're eliglble for a free 28 day trial?

Saturlight: No, I didn't but I know now sexy.

Lady at Sky: Sorry?

Saturlight: I said, no, but I know now, you sexy hunny bun...

Lady at Sky: Err...I don't think this is...err...I AM NOT PROGRAMMED TO RESPOND TO THIS! I AM NOT PROGRAMMED TO RESPOND TO THIS! I AM NOT PROGRAMMED TO RESPOND TO THIS! I AM NOT PROGRAMMED TO RESPOND TO THIS! I AM NOT PROGRAMMED TO RESPOND TO THIS!

Saturlight: As I suspected, a robot! :D

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
I keep getting the phone calls AND the letters from Sky begging for me back. Now, if they didn't keep churning out crap AND if they didn't keep putting the prices up (without any sign of improvement I might add) then they wouldn't have to waste time and money grovelling to ex-customers!

The best phone call I had went a bit like this:

CS: We want you back
Me: M'kay
CS: We can give you a new refurbished Sky+ box...
(Me thinks to myself: New *and* refurbished?!?)
CS: ...AND any package half price for six months
Me: Sounds fairly good, but I'm gonna have to pay to record programmes on the Sky+ if I don't take two premiums, yes?
CS: (Basically says yes)
Me: Well that's no good to me then! I don't want the premiums, I really just want the documentary channels and gen entertainment - I really don't want to be spending an extra £10 a month on top of my subscription just so I can record what I'm already paying for. No one in their right mind would pay £10 p/m just so they could use their VCR, Sky+ should be just the same.

Then to my surprise the CS guy agrees with me! Well off script me thinks! But, even though he agrees with me we both know he can't give it to me for free so that's the end of that phone call. Who knows though, Sky didn't use to do two offers at the same time (and they lost me then) and now they do, so if enough people cancel and kick up a stink about paying to use their PVR then Sky will (eventually) come to their senses.