How to install the VLC plugin?

Jeffff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 Winodws7
My Location
UK
I have a DM800 and am trying to find a way to play xvid movies on it. From what I gather, this can't be done directly, you need to stream from VLC player from a computer on the network.

I've found a couple of guides, but they all mention going to my "plugins" menu and selecting the videolan plugin. I don't have this plugin listed on my system. If I try to manage plugins, I just see a list of skins that I can install.

Where can I get the plugin from? Am I missing something in the menu? Or can I download it from somewhere and ftp it to the box?

Any help would be much appreciated. I friend set up the rest of my box, so although I have it running, I know very little about it. Tough learning curve, but hopefully I'll get there.

Thanks!

gerryl

Reaction score
when installing VLC...make sure tp 'tick' the firefox checkbox for vlc plug-in...best luck

Douls

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800, triax 90cm dish with technomate 2600 motor
My Location
glasgow
what image you using? you should see vlc and youtube ect when you press the green button on the remote.

Jeffff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 Winodws7
My Location
UK
I didn't set this box up, so am very much learning as I go. When it starts up it says Blackhole and Enigma2.

Ok, I pressed the green button and got a list of "apps" (addons?) - MV TubePlayer is there, but VLC isn't. So I tried to install it (didn't notice this section before).

I then pressed yellow (addons), then 'addons download manager' then "Dream Elite E2 Plugins" (this is my image name I guess?). I then scroll down to "VLC Players OE 1.6 (IPK packges) (Dream Elite E2). It downloads and asks me to confirm that I want to install - I select "yes"

All good so far I think, but then I get errors:
"Packages of enigma2-plugin-extionsions-vlcplayer found, but incompatible with the architectures configured.
*Cannot find package engima2-plugin-extentions-vlcplayer

Thanks for the help :)