How to pause image/scene ?

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp + manual motoring+dm500s
My Location
morocco
Hi everybody , sometimes there is something intresting on the screene which you need to look at or read but you don't manage to do so because the image /scene goes away quickly letting place for other scenes or events :-doh!. and because there is no pause/freeze button on the DM500s remote control unit , i wonder if any of you guys has managed to find a way to pause/freeze the image on a DM500s .

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you record the channel you can pause the picture. There may be a screenshot type plugin but off the top of my head I can't think of another way without using a web browser.

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
morocco
mhku said:
If you record the channel you can pause the picture. There may be a screenshot type plugin but off the top of my head I can't think of another way without using a web browser.

tnx mate for your answer but in my post i was meaning pausing while watching programs on tv via the dreambox !!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
machkover said:
tnx mate for your answer but in my post i was meaning pausing while watching programs on tv via the dreambox !!

The DM500 has no hard drive, which is a necessary requirement to be able to pause a TV program

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
morocco
thanks mates for your answers ! you made me come to the conclusion that a dm500 remote control is useless to make a pause and that was exactly what i wanted to know !! so my Goldvision lux is far better than my dm500 which neeeds a :-comp to pause !!