Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PaulR said:
you nipped in quickly!
There's nothing wrong with that as long as Quickly was a willing participant :cool: I'll get my coat

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva, Samsung and Comag PVR 2 100CL
3 dishes, 80cm, 100cm, 140cm
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Thank you Paul. I´ll let you know how I get on. Might help someone else in similar position.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Here is an update. I have spoken to Sky; for about 30 minutes. The final answer is that I can not take out a second subscription in my home even by saying that the upstairs is a separate property. For it to be so considered I would have to notify both the local council and the post office.
I also can not have multi room because as stated in a previous post, the second receiver would need to be connected to a telephone line and they insist on an engineer coming round to do the instalation.
I have given up. I wish I could just go somewhere and buy a subscription but not that easy.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
If you have friends without Sky then you can always take out a sub in their names.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All you do is ask for multiroom and after installation, remove both boxes from phone line, as far as I know, all they'll do eventually is charge you for two full subscriptions, which is what you wanted in the first place.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
The trouble is they insisted on both boxes to be connected to the phone line. The existing one no longer is, we´ve been subscribing for many years, but they insisted on the second with the attendance of the installation engineer. I then asked them to forget it.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, you being in Spain doesn't help!

I'm not sure if all Contributors noticed your location ...................... O-no

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Here for part of the year, the cold wet bits. Full Sky subscription back in blighty which children make use of during our absence, but we miss not having full access to programing while here.

A nonymous

Reaction score
the second receiver would need to be connected to a telephone line and they insist on an engineer coming round to do the instalation.

I had Multiroom last year until i cancelled it. No Sky engineer (If you can call them an engineer) has ever stepped foot in my current property and never will. All i did was state to them i already have a second feed, a second Sky+ box and a connection to the phone line.

The only time a Sky engineer attended my property was around 2001 when i lived in Aberdeen when Sky Digital was installed for the first time, and that was only because Atlantic Cable had gone bust leaving me without much TV.

It was quite funny watching the guy burn his drill bits out while trying to drill through a solid granite wall that was 12" thick :-lmao

He found it much easier when i pointed out he may be better drilling through the cement instead :D

Nano

lanab

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.20m Offset, Azbox ME
My Location
Sweden
nanochickin said:
He found it much easier when i pointed out he may be better drilling through the cement instead :D

Nano

You should have asked after that, Are you trained? :-rofl2

StavangerPål

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Would like sat dish & sky receiver
My Location
Stavanger
Hey all,
Im new here and Ive had a look around the site already and it's helped me get my Sky HD Box set up in a round about way! :)

I still have a lot to do and I have a few questions I would be grateful for some help with.

Firstly, now that the Satalite TV guy has been round this morning and installed a new Dish to my House I now have a very Strong signal, initially I got the 'no Default Transponder' message and after a Google search I stumbled upon this great site. I tried all the suggestions to get a picture but in the end I found that turning on the Single Feed Mode worked, but now I cant pause Live TV or record like I used to when I had Sky in the UK. Any suggestions would be great!

Secondly, Im sure this has been covered a multitude of times but I would like to take out a Sky subscription again. How do I go about this here in Norway? I have a UK address I can use for billing reasons but will I need to have a Telephone line installed at the UK address etc? Will a Sky Technician come to the UK address and try and install a new Dish and HD Box?

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm new here too, and would very much like to reap some of your knowledge. I#m jumping in on this thread, potentially should just put up a new post. But I'll try this first, and if that fails, will start a new one.

I've just moved to Stavanger and looking to get sky setup. Will try to sort out a skyhd box and card myself, and looking for best way to get dish installed, system hooked up and setup. And looking for info on all those aspects.

Sounds like you've done a great job yourself, was just wondering about a few things:

Which satellite TV guy did you use?
Would you recommend him?
Did you buy the dish off him? If not, any recommendations?
I see you got a "special" 80cm dish. Have you found this suitable for receiving skyhd tv ? Found any troubles with bad weather? Is the HD picture as good as you'd get back in uk?
Did you have to run two coax cables down from the dish into the skyhd box?

With regards skybox, I was planning on getting a subscription for my folks back in the UK with 2 multirooms. I would take one of the multiroom boxes (so would order 2 hd boxes and standard box from sky) and a card back with me. Would that work?

In general, how have you found setting it up? Advise it? Working as well now as it does in the UK?
Any other pointers that you think would be helpful would be great!

As would input from any others on this forum. My knowledge is pretty limited. In most things. Especially satellite installation though.

Cheers,
Patrick

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
With regards skybox, I was planning on getting a subscription for my folks back in the UK with 2 multirooms. I would take one of the multiroom boxes (so would order 2 hd boxes and standard box from sky) and a card back with me. Would that work?

It might work for a while but eventually your parents will get letters from Sky asking you to plug your multiroom box back into the UK home phone line or face being billed the full rate for the multiroom box (or have it cancelled).

All multiroom boxes need to be connected to the same phone line so Sky can check the boxes are in the same house.

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Here is an update. I have spoken to Sky; for about 30 minutes. The final answer is that I can not take out a second subscription in my home even by saying that the upstairs is a separate property. For it to be so considered I would have to notify both the local council and the post office.
I also can not have multi room because as stated in a previous post, the second receiver would need to be connected to a telephone line and they insist on an engineer coming round to do the instalation.
I have given up. I wish I could just go somewhere and buy a subscription but not that easy.

Threaten to leave. That'll make them change their minds.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
Too much agro.