How to Set Up

Dreaded

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Wales
I am looking at installing a setup to receive UK football matches in my home (so I dont have to watch them on the internet!).

Could anybody help with the following:
1. What I would need (I have an old Sky dish installed, but presume a new one may be needed?)
2. If I require a subscription to anything afterwards (if so, how much and where do I find more info)
3. Is it legal to set up for personal home use? (I have seen instances on here of the pubs being prosecuted, but what about individuals at home)

Have browsed around here and cant find any of these being asked before, if they have please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Dreaded

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Wales
I am looking at installing a setup to receive UK football matches in my home (so I dont have to watch them on the internet!).

Could anybody help with the following:
1. What I would need (I have an old Sky dish installed, but presume a new one may be needed?)
2. If I require a subscription to anything afterwards (if so, how much and where do I find more info)
3. Is it legal to set up for personal home use? (I have seen instances on here of the pubs being prosecuted, but what about individuals at home)

Have browsed around here and cant find any of these being asked before, if they have please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Check if your dish is a working one first, is it an old Sky dish or a newer one ?

Without knowing what you want from the system (any football match ?) or how many satellites you could catch from your location, it's difficult to point you further.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Check if your dish is a working one first, is it an old Sky dish or a newer one ?

Without knowing what you want from the system (any football match ?) or how many satellites you could catch from your location, it's difficult to point you further.

Dreaded

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Wales
Thanks for the quick reply.

The dish was working last time I checked it (but this is probably 4 or 5 years ago). I think it is a digital one. Stopped using it as my Sky box stopped working (had stopped the subscription a few years earlier). Dont mind having to put up new dish etc if necessary.

Basically I want to be able to watch as many Man Utd games as possible (watched every game bar 1 last year, a great number online, but this year the streams have been unrealiable). Anything extra is a bonus.

I am located in North Wales.

I have noted from liveonsat.com most games appear to be on:
Show Sports 1 & 2 (Eurobird 2 / Nilesat 102)
Sky Sport 1 (Germany) (Astra 1M)

And also a few but not all:
MaXimo 2 (EutelSat W4)
Yes Sport 2 (EutelSat W4)
SuperSport 3 (ZA) (Intelsat 7)
SuperSport 3A (Intelsat 10)

However I have seen from a couple of coverage charts that not all these are available in the UK.

Dreaded

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Wales
Thanks for the quick reply.

The dish was working last time I checked it (but this is probably 4 or 5 years ago). I think it is a digital one. Stopped using it as my Sky box stopped working (had stopped the subscription a few years earlier). Dont mind having to put up new dish etc if necessary.

Basically I want to be able to watch as many Man Utd games as possible (watched every game bar 1 last year, a great number online, but this year the streams have been unrealiable). Anything extra is a bonus.

I am located in North Wales.

I have noted from liveonsat.com most games appear to be on:
Show Sports 1 & 2 (Eurobird 2 / Nilesat 102)
Sky Sport 1 (Germany) (Astra 1M)

And also a few but not all:
MaXimo 2 (EutelSat W4)
Yes Sport 2 (EutelSat W4)
SuperSport 3 (ZA) (Intelsat 7)
SuperSport 3A (Intelsat 10)

However I have seen from a couple of coverage charts that not all these are available in the UK.