2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
woodseaves, CCcam does not support PC/SC readers, hence the reason why people are talking about the smargo again.

If you want to use CCcam 2.1.3 in your linux server then you'll need a smargo instead of the omnikey reader. Setup info on how to do it is in the huge 0963 thread.

AcamD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer 4.1.1, DVBServer 4.1.1, Acamd. Linux NewCS (radegast) Server. Omnikey 3121. x2 DVB-S Compro S350. Freesat from Sky.
My Location
United Kingdom
jtyles said:
Hi,
I have just started down the road of getting sky working on my HTPC. I have a full HD sub with Sky. What I am aiming to do is share this card with two HTPC’s one with 2 DVB-S2 cards and the other with a single external DVB-S2. I have done quite a bit of research on this forum and over on AvForums. I have a clone dreambox 500s which I was intending to use to share my card but after seeing this thread I have had second thoughts. I have a couple of questions before I make my decision.

Will a server on a PC be more stable than using the DM500 as the card server?

I believe that mgcamd will pass entitlement updates for the new white card, if I run this on my 500 will it pass the updates on to the linux server?

If I am running hudu or Acamd on my HTPC’s can these connect directly to the Newcs, if I can is there any need to run Cccam on the server as I won’t be card sharing outside my LAN?

Thanks in advance, Jon.

Personally, I use my clone Dreambox 500s - Mgcamd and NewCS - as the cardserver to several client Windows PCs which connect directly to NewCS using Acamd configured as a radegast client. The sole function of mgcamd (on the 500s) is to decrypt channels and to update card entitlements.

Equally, it is possible to configure Mgcamd to use a Linux PC server in conjunction with NewCS.

An alternative solution would be to use CCcam 2.1.3 on the Dreambox as a card reader and server; and Hadu as the client for the PCs.

It really is a matter of personal preference whether to use a Dreambox or a PC as the card server. Primarily, I use the Dreambox becuase it is power efficient and silent.

jtyles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD, HTPC and WHS
My Location
Lincolonshire
Thanks, for that I think I'll stay with using the Dreambox as the server until I have everything working as I want it.

Cheers, Jon.

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000HD S, Dreambox 7025i, Fibo 1.2 fixed on 7W, 90cm Motorised System.
My Location
Hereford
Where does the CCcam.cfg live on the PC server?

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
hi guys!

am trying to set this up!

this is prob more of a linux problem than a newcs 1 but....

i have installed everything in the tutorial thanx b16mcc :)

but come to run it and i cant see it listening when i use netstat!

cant access it from :8080 (or 8081 as i have it set)

do i need anything in the init.d folder for newcs????

i have seen ppl put stuff in there to make their install work!!!

i have nothing!!! lol

am getting to the stage of reinstalling ubuntu! as am having problems telneting to server, can ftp tho! grrr bloody thing!

think i may leave my card in my box for now lol

think my problem may stem from not knowing sod all about ububtu until now!

thanx guys!

sajjid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
U.K
i have to say its a great guide its a head start for anyone starting from scratch.

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
Hi am running a ubuntu server with an omnikey reader i have about 7 friends on the server, It’s just for friends and family, it took me a while but i got it up and running perfect.

The problem i have one of my friends has recently started experiencing pixilation and small freezes,? (its been freeze free and perfect for 2 months)

I cant think what it could be? no one else has any problems.

im using using cccam 2.1.2 newcs

So far we’ve changed the Ethernet cable from router to the box, swapped boxes (to rule out a box fault)

There seems to pattern to the pixalling and freezing apart from it can work for a few hours but once it starts pixalling it tends to continue.
My friend has also contacted virgin media (ADSL) to get the line checked ecm times range from 0.1 to 0.3 but when it freezes it goes away up to 1.8

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
How secure is your friends setup, is it possible that someone else is using the line? Does the ip address showing in newcs management always match your friends. I had a similar problem with intenal boxes and the problem was both using the same line(doh). Also is there any other intenet usage going on. Things like Youtube running on a pc can have an effect. /This was my own experience, my net is not cable ,just a 8meg bt line but i would be lucky to have an upload speed of 350kbs,

sajjid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
U.K
B16MCC said:
Run NewCs by typing this :-

./newcs_167 -C /home/username/NewCS/newcs.xml
hi guys i have come stuck here when i run above as root or user i get:

-bash: ./newcs_167.xml: Permission denied

i followed everything to the letter took me few days to install drivers and rest i ftp NewCS folder to /home/user/newcs..
also i have done fresh install of ubuntu.
i know its permissions but i thought if i am running it as root i should have no problems.
one other thing root pass is enabled in usergroups.
thanks

sajjid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
U.K
just to add server is running fine i can login via ftp or ssh from anywhere also if there is linux guru who dont mind helping i can give them the server details to login.
thanks

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
tomthebomb1968 said:
How secure is your friends setup, is it possible that someone else is using the line? Does the ip address showing in newcs management always match your friends. I had a similar problem with intenal boxes and the problem was both using the same line(doh). Also is there any other intenet usage going on. Things like Youtube running on a pc can have an effect. /This was my own experience, my net is not cable ,just a 8meg bt line but i would be lucky to have an upload speed of 350kbs,

yep friends line is secure , i changed the lines for her both c and f and # the other ones, still the same,ip addy has allways stayed the same and yes its allways is matching,no extra internet use,were also thinking isp provider or dish moved ?took back the box i was running (which never once citched )and took back mine still the same

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000, TM6900CS, Ubuntu newcs Omnikey 3121, Triax 1.1m
My Location
UK East Mids
Hi Guys, has anyone had a go at installing Oscam on their Ubuntu server with smargo ? I assume that the omniflex card readers will not work ? Would welcome views and experience ?

sajjid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
U.K
all sorted now thnaks

clarkey2r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hopefully : Sky HD Full suscription to MediaPortal TV server to all TV's in house!!
My Location
Sheffield
Hi

I have got the card reader and NewCS working (I think, I just need to test this with my actual Sky card)!

What steps should I take now for getting this to work with my HTPC (media portal)??

Cheers!

clarkey2r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hopefully : Sky HD Full suscription to MediaPortal TV server to all TV's in house!!
My Location
Sheffield
Right the card reader and also NewCS is working. If I type _http://LINUX-VM-SERVER:8080 from anywhere on my LAN I see the config page.

I dont know what to do with CCcam? I have read the tutorial from CCcamforum but still a little confused! Any help would be much appreciated!!

safcsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm800 motorised setup
My Location
UK
Guys is there anyway to have my 0963 card entitlements updated on my ubuntu server using an omnikey usb reader?

Looks like I can do it if I buy a Smargo reader and CCcam 2.1.3 but would rather not spend anymore money if I can help it.

Cheers!

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
safcsat said:
Guys is there anyway to have my 0963 card entitlements updated on my ubuntu server using an omnikey usb reader?

Looks like I can do it if I buy a Smargo reader and CCcam 2.1.3 but would rather not spend anymore money if I can help it.

Cheers!
If your running NewCs on your server its pretty straight forward. Download Mgcam to your 800, then use B16MCC config generator to create a newcamd.list. I think it may even ftp it to your box from the program direct I'm not sure as I always manually ftp mine over to usr/keys. It will look like this but of course your own ubuntu server will be the ip address

# This file was created using Dreambox Config Creator Written By B16MCC
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = 192.168.0.6 15000 User1 User1 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan NewCS

From NewCs management console add a new called User1 with password User1 and tick the AU tab for this user.

Restart your server and then start Mgcam on on your dreambox. You should see the updates when they arrive in entitlements in the Newcs management console.

safcsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm800 motorised setup
My Location
UK
Oops, sorry mate , my equipment profile is out of date, dont have the DM800 anymore.

Purely a htpc based setup now with twin DVB-S2 cards, so afaik I cant get mgcamd setup on either windows or linux? :(

I guess I can just stick it into the official receiver when the entitlements are due to run out, was just trying to make it a bit slicker.

tomthebomb1968 said:
If your running NewCs on your server its pretty straight forward. Download Mgcam to your 800, then use B16MCC config generator to create a newcamd.list. I think it may even ftp it to your box from the program direct I'm not sure as I always manually ftp mine over to usr/keys. It will look like this but of course your own ubuntu server will be the ip address

# This file was created using Dreambox Config Creator Written By B16MCC
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = 192.168.0.6 15000 User1 User1 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan NewCS

From NewCs management console add a new called User1 with password User1 and tick the AU tab for this user.

Restart your server and then start Mgcam on on your dreambox. You should see the updates when they arrive in entitlements in the Newcs management console.

bloto20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ferguson fx 7600 2ci
2x dm800hd, 1st oryginal, second clon
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme QX9650
8GB ddr3 1333
768MB XFX GeForce 8800GTX XXX Edition
My Location
england
for those who has problems with installing.
1. install ubuntu in my case 9.1 and then run UPDATES!! very important that realese which I have had couples problems but after upgrade the system everything runs fine. runs synaptic and manager of updates. get them all.
2. installing pcsc lite needs root account to make it simple sudo passwd root and set password without doing this you cant login on root account beacuse is disabled
pcsc lite may ask you for libhal google after this and download, in window will be option to run this, if packages installator will say that is missing something just google after that in my case lidbus 1-3 (this package may need something extra if is not installed, the package installer will tell you what is missing just google and install before installing this) and then libhal. :)
3.drivers for omnikey from website )

ps: you can install pcsc lite in diffrent location if you are not logged as root, (read readme file which coming with pcsc-lite) but is much faster using root account without messing about if you are beginner.
ps2: ubuntu 9.1 needs really update after installing :D

after installing everything and running terminal with pcsc-scan, pcsc_scan you should get something like this ( old blue sky card, not in use )

V 1.4.15 (c) 2001-2009, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr>
Compiled with PC/SC lite version: 1.4.102
Scanning present readers...
0: OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00

ps3: i hate ubuntu :D (first you think that is coming with most things pre-installed, which dosent work <--this needs update. will be much faster from setting up for example gentoo or slackware )

clarkey2r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
clarkey2r said:
Right the card reader and also NewCS is working. If I type _http://LINUX-VM-SERVER:8080 from anywhere on my LAN I see the config page.

I dont know what to do with CCcam? I have read the tutorial from CCcamforum but still a little confused! Any help would be much appreciated!!

Anyone? I have a couple of hours spare (to tinker) toorrow night but dont have an internet conenction (yet) at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.